Basically I didn't pull my foreskin back until I was around 14-15. Ever since then I have been successful in being able to reveal the head of the penis, and when not erect I can bring the foreskin down ever more. I'm 17 now, and when erect I can pull my foreskin over my head but that's as far as it goes without putting strain on the penile frenulum and giving me a whole lot of pain. I have noticed one side of my foreskin retracts more on one side (the right side) than the other (the left side). When I look at my frenulum it is casted more to the left side of the head and I fear this is what is causing all the commotion. I'm very worried about this but can't build up the confidence to seek medical help at a doctors. Feedback would be amazing. Thank you for reading!

Hi CJW,

Lots of guys have short frenulums.  It may tear during sex and it will bleed and cause some pain.  You can wait and see what happens or see a urologist.  There is a simple office procedure, done under anesthetic, where they cut the frenulum to make it longer. 

It is NOT a circumcision.

Don't be embarrassed about seeing a doctor.  They are professionals and have seen everything.

Hope it helps.

Sometimes the frenulum is a bit off center. That may be the situation with your frenulum.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition.

now i'm really worried. When erect, i can only reveal the head, then any further pull on the foreskin causes extreme pain on the frenulum, i'm going to book a doctors appointment but i'm so scared :(

Im cringing at the thought of any form of operation down there :( tonight when erect, i can only reveal the head of the penis, then any further pull really applies strain to the frenulum, im so scared its unreal, i will go see a docotor in a couple of days.

CJW,

See a urologist, NOT your doctor. Most doctors don't understand the function of a foreskin, at least in the US as many have been circumcised.

It's not really an "operation" as such. IF it is necessary, there are two choices, a frenuloplasty in which a minor incision is done, under local anesthetic, to increase the length of your frenulum. The other choice is a frenulectomy in which they remove it, again under a local anesthetic.

You'll only have minor discomfort and then have full range of motion on your foreskin.

A urologist can discuss these options with you. It really needs to be evaluated (seen) in order to recommend a procedure. Remember, you can ALWAYS get another opinion if you want.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback, i live in the U.K and im going to ask my local doctor what they recommend, whether it be referring me or something they can do themselves.
I just hope nothing to major comes out of this, im petrified.
Thank you

Have you tried to stretch your frenulum. That way you can probably avoid surgery.

If your frenulum allows your foreskin to slip behind the head, then you should be able to have sexual intercourse.