I am currently 14 years old and i am going through puberty. Until recently, i thought it as normal for a boy to not be able to retract his foreskin but this is not the case.

upon research i found sites that said a boy should be able to retract his foreskin at 17 and others at 7.

I also noticed that there is a peice of skin conecting the inside of my foreskin to the top of my penis. i can retract it a about 1/3 of the way but thats all... is circumsision needed?

Celebrity
Hello there! This piece of skin that you saw, that connects the inside of the foreskin and glans (head), is called frenulum and it may very well be the reason of your troubles. Sometimes it happens that frenulum is too short and that it doesn’t allowed foreskin to be retracted. This condition is called frenulum breve.

Have you been masturbating? Did you notice any discomfort?
With masturbation you can still manipulate and retract only a litlle bit until it starts hurting but during sex you may even tear frenulum or foreskin. This can be painful and may bleed a little bit but will heal in a couple of days.
However, next time you have sex it will happen again.

Frenulum breve used to be taken care of by circumsticion or frenuloplast before but lately, more and more doctors are teating it with corticosteroid creams and stretching, which doesn’t sound too bad, does it?

When you retract your foreskin, can you see that the frenulum is pulled tight?

yes, when i pull it back i can see that is is tight, near the botom it even goes white, any yes i have been masturbating and it sometimes hurts ( but only rarely because i manage to kepp the movement small, i have heard that it may be persistant feaneleum which can easily be treated..... but where do i go to get these procedures done?

Celebrity
Look, you may go and see a regular GP first and see what the problem is. They should be able to determine if’s frenulum breve or phimosis.
If they are not able to do so, I am sure that they will send you to a proper doctor, probably a urologist.
You can also go straight to the urino-genitary clinic and see a urologist.
Once you have been checked, a doc can advise you what to do. I don’t think that circumcision is practiced that much nowadays when there are many other possible options. However, if none of these work circumcision may be your only choice. I hope not. Even phimosis is not treated with circumcision any more. There are some steching techniques now.

As for the white stuff you see under your foreskin. You need to try to clean that up by plain water. Be persistent, even if it hurts a little bit. That is smegma and if it stays under the foreskin, it will pile up, may become stinky and represent a very good moist surrounding for different bacteria or fungus.

hey, Im going through something like that. When i mastrubate I don't have a problem since I don't pull the foreskin back, but the other day I did it to see how it felt and it hurt. It felt like there was pressure being put on the frenulum. How ho the Cortiscosteroid work?

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_of_prepuce_of_penis