I can retract my foreskin while erect, but with difficulties. I am 17 and found out that the foreskin was supposed to retract almost a year ago. While erect I can pull my foreskin back, but stings a bit. While I put it back the inner foreskin rolls back and stays at the end of the head of the penis in a pile almost, instead of retracting completely.

I also have this problem. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like it or not. I was looking around on other sites, and I was told this is considered normal, but I'm not so sure, keep me posted please mate.

im 15, and i have the same problem. When i retract, the inner foreskin rolls when going past me head and flips below the head...

please help!

This is surprisingly simple to fix. When you do not have an erection, pull the foreskin back as far as it will go and make sure it's stretched. Then just roll it back up. It will fix itself.

I had phimosis a while ago. I got this steroid cream to soften the forskin and in time I was able to retrack it normally. However this took weeks, about 5 weeks, maybe 6, of practice to get it loose enought o work properly. At the moment though, when I retract it, it will roll up at the end. I think this may be because it overly loose but in anycase I'm going to see what my doc suggests. whats most important is that you can retract your skin to keep it clean.

Hi Tropic9:

I think you have a short frenulum that prevents complete retraction. This is fairly common. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Hi tropick9:

It sounds like you have frenulum breve or short frenulum. If it concerns you, then you can stretch it.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The frenulum has a high level of sensation.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition and is very harmful.