I feel like something is in my throat and I can't cough it up. It lasts for a few days, goes away, and then comes back.

My doctor looked at my throat, but did not see anything there. I don't want to act like a hypochondriac, but could this be serious?

I also just had a friend pass away from cancer of the esophagus. She had problems swallowing. I don't have any problems swallowing, just a constant feeling that something is there.

Any ideas?

Well,

I don’t think that you are a hypochondriac because many people feel these lump but doctors can’t see anything there. I know that some can be caused by GERD. I don’t know if your doctor told you anything about this? Did she give you any instructions on what to do? Have you changed your diet in any way? I don’t think that this is anything serious as cancer. How long has this been going on? Have you noticed any swellings on your tonsils? My suggestion would be to try with ginger and honey because the mixture of these two remedies really helps in easing the throat. I hope this helped a bit.

Good luck,

Karel

My name is Crystal I feel really bad for you on here that are having problems with your throat. I have had for 2 months a issue with my throat, every time I swallow something solid it gets stuck in my upper throat. I feel like there is something stuck in my throat even when I dont have any thing to eat. it's so bad now that I have to blend my food or eat baby food to stay alive. I have been to a OTO dr who has done a scope down my nose to see if something is stuck in my throat and they cant find anything other than swollen tonsils, I have really bad breath and feel like im going to choke all the time. I feel like I need to cough up something and cant.

I had a CT and it come back with some abnormal results but they dont know what it is. Im so upset and want to eat something so bad. I keep losing weight and now I am running fever at random times and feel really bad. Please can someone help me understand what's going on or what I can do ???

Thank you

Are you still having this problem? It might be your tonsils causing this problem.

Crystal, you probably have tonsil stones  (tonsilloths). For some reason a lot of doctors overlook this. They are little hard balls that form in your tonsils from mucus, food, saliva etc. They cause horrible breath. I have actually popped some out of my tonsils and I could feel the lump in my throat reduce in size.

I have the same case it is also called acid reflux, it disturbs me a lot even in my sleep. I will try it your recommendation dra karel the honey & ginger. Ty

But is it possible that it involves parasite in this case cause i am a regular constipated and just depending on laxative teas to be able move bowel

Hello, did this ever get resolved?
I'm having the exact same issue and drs now think it's all in my mind. I only drink liquids and stay away from all solid foods. The feeling is sadly still there causing a great deal of anxiety and depression .