Few days already I have one problem, which I hope will heal by itself. Anyway, it goes worst and nothing better, so I get worried. I feel I have something in my throat, and I don’t know how to explain that. I don’t smoke and I don’t have allergy, but I have something like flem. I wonder if any non-smoker has the same problem, and possible explanation what that could be.

I had something in my throat too, and it was flem like too. I thought it was because I had bad cold that gone away, and that something stayed from it. I wouldn’t came to search for help too if that is small quantity but it’s not. Sometimes I have so much of that in my throat that it hurts me to swallow it. Off course I have to clear my throat if I want to say anything, and clear it constantly especially if I am talking. I am not smoker too, but I don’t know if that would be important to say I am 2nd hand smoker. I have heard possible explanation is sinusitis or it might be due to postnasal drip. Also it may be due to allergy such as pollution or smoke, but since we are not allergic, probably our problem is something else. I think it would be definitely the best for both of us to check if sinusitis causes something in our throat. I will visit my doctor again, what I recommend to you too, he is right person to tell us what causes our problem.

? hi everyone, im 19 yrs old. i have had this uncomfortable, pressure, thick,heavy feeling in my neck for the longest time...for ahwhile before any of this, i experienced not being able to breathe really good, i would feel like i couldn't catch my breath which was scary when i would go to see doctors and they would just say, don't worry it's probably just anxiety, but i knew it wasn't it was something different. i finally went to see a specialist and he said that it was like i was running a half a marathon everyday and he said that i had poor lung function, he couldn't believe it. i was then put on prednesone, and i felt great on it. i was on it for 7 weeks. but i had to get off of it because my breathing improved and i started getting side effect, which was fullness in my face. but it helped because even though it was to help my breathing it helped my neck and that sensation went away. this has been bothering me for a long time. i then thought it would be a good idea maybe to see a thyroid specialist, but he wasn't there so i saw a practioner instead. she said everything looked fine...i had an antibodies test, but it showed negative, but somebody told me that different levels to some doctors show different opinions to what is high and what is low. idk, im trying to rule out everything...ive had x rays, MRI, of my neck because the muscle doctor said i had thick muscles but he didn't know why, cat scana, and i had a barrium swallow, everything showed up negative. omg, so today i went to an ENT, and he felt bad because i was just in there last august with the same problem and it hasn't been resolved yet...so he said i had a lot of post nasal drip, but i can't take anything for it and i haven't been because i wasn't sure if that was the problem. so he suggested i go see an gastrologist, so they can go down with a tube and look around. does anybody have any input about that, does that sound like that could be the problem, he said it could cause that sensation if the mucous that i have and it feels better when i can sneeze because it just feels so stuck and thick and then when i eat i get more, but i don't have any heart burn or acid feeling so does anybody think that could be my problem...doesn anybody have any advice...it would be greatly appreciated...thankyou~Alyssa

I get that same sensation when my asthma is acting up. Its related somehow. You probably have an inflammation of your throat, thats why the prednisone would have helped. You may want to try something for immediate relief like a Proventil inhaler, it will help open your throat, get rid of that lump in throat/full feeling.

well wot can help me ive ad a sore throat now 4 3 days n a banging head wot can b the cause n wot can i take please help

i've had this annoying pain in my throat for about a year now.I just went to an e.n.t today He gave me a throat scope and saw a white patch He knew i was a smoker but He wants me to go for a c scan and make sur there is nothing really wrong with it.I'm nervous but He did say he doesnt think it is cancer and he just wants to be 100% with the test that there is nothing to worry about.I've had this pain on and off now sometimes it bothers me alot to where I cant stop thinking about it and other days not so much.it also feels like it can be undernieth my jawline..I cant really tell where it is .if someone knows what I'm going through please write me a response.thanks

my daughter has recently seen a Pulminologist for multiple unexplainable and unmanageable upper respiratory illnesses and drainage and coughing and asthma/allergy symptoms. she saw the greatest results from an intense doctor monitored oral steroid to reduce the inflammation in her upper respiratory airways to allow for the mucus to flow and clear first, then she went off of it after clearing and breathing more freely. then she was placed on a medication to treat gastroesophogeal reflux disease (prevacid) and we angled her bed mattress to stop reflux at night which is what caused the irritation and swelling in her throat, increased frequency of infections too. her coughing has stopped and her asthma is WELL controlled and her upper respiratory infections are significantly decreased and are "normal" compared to other children her age. her throat issues and 'drainage' symptoms are gone. (reduce the swelling and irration, treated the reflux disease-A.K.A. silent disease, hard to diagnose), tilted her mattress up with a large folded blanket underneath and she takes a preventive medication for asthma, but is breathing more freely now on a daily basis.