I have been having trouble eating because when i eat it feels as if the food is juststuck in my throat...the area isn't swollen or have redness in my throat but my right tonsil aches.....what could this be...??????????i'm scared i might chock.

I also experience the feeling that food is not going all the way down...seems to feel stuck at lower part of throat. Especially so with pills. I had a berium swallow procedure, but it showed the swallow going all the way down (Isn't that the way is goes when the experts perform a test?)

Anyway, I'm interested to see if anyone can shed light on this.

i have a problem with my throught it happened to me last night in bed i could feel like there was something in the bottom of my throught i thought it was food stuck or something and tonight it feels a bit worser.
i cant feel a lump but inside it feels like there is im now scared of eating because i feel i might choke i cants stop drinking water to try and wash it down but its not helping also a couple of nights ago my right ear has felt like it has blocked and i can only hear out it a little bit i have used ear spray but its made no diffrence please help am worrying a lot here.

I had thd same thing happen to me. I went to a local ent doctor ,he ran a scope down my throat and had a bump about the size of a grape it was on my lower tonstles. ( they call them another name.) apparently you have two sets ,one set lays doormant.This is where my bump was It felt like I had a piece of food caught in my throat. It turned out to be cancer. So don't play around with this get medical help asap.I had 70 radiation treatments to help heal mine.It was caught early and hopefull we got it . Don't delay get medical attention asap!

might want to get your tonsills checked out if you still have them if you don't see your ear nose and throat doctor or a gi doc so they can do a enodoscopy...just some suggestions....either way i would see you doctor....

Hey I know what the feeling your talking about.. food feels like its still in the throat just there.. so is it because of tonsilS???

Hey I know what the feeling your talking about.. food feels like its still in the throat just there.. so what is the problem?

Last week when I was brushing my teeth I started brushing the back of my tongue on the right hand side. It felt like I knocked something out of place. Ever since then I felt like I had a hair in the back of my throat. I've looked and dug around with my fingers but have found nothing. I used to only be able to feel it when food touched it, but now it feels like there is something in the back of my throat in general. I am scared when I eat because the food gets stuck at the top of my throat as and it doesn't feel like water helps to get it down. I feel like I'm going to inhale it unless I eat quick. I almost threw up earlier. I do have stomach issues, so I'm going to the DR next week to get it checked out. After reading it may be cancer I am freaked out!

I have the same problem, here is what i found out. I get the feeling when i eat eggs fish and any food with a high % of protein. I think when you eat the food your throat has some kinda allergic reaction when you get the feeling. I never had this problem before, but got it when i start high protein diet cuz of workout. but never stopped me of eating egg or fish, i just eat fish i have the feeling like something stucked in my throat. if it happened to you just drink cold water. good luck.

i have the same problem, but its only when i eat or DRINK milk, i took sinus pills and it felt much better, you could have sinus drainage in your thoat. just drink plenty of water, it help me.

About a year ago I almost choked on chinese food, then it happened several more times on various foods over the span of this year and after that first incident. I thought it was from eating too much too fast. But it wasn't the case. So I finally couldn't swallow well at all with or without foods. Ended up in the ER so scared. Thought I would choke or my throat would close on me. They did an endoscopy a day later and found out I had a condition called eosinophilic esophagitis. It was a struggle for several months after that. They gave me some meds and we hoped for the best. I showed some signs of improvement and then would get bad again for weeks. They did tons of allergy testing and I was negative for all.
Now at this point 5 months after that initial diagnosis I am still struggling having a hard time eating foods and swallowing. And now believe my symptoms to be in my throat. And all along. That is where the food gets stuck and won't go down. Then I get so scared. I have to drink tons of water in hopes it will pass and go down. The last endoscopy shows no more eosinophils present and my esophagus is open now. So it is something else. And I believe something with my throat or trachea.
MRI of throat was negative of anything abnormal. Not sure what to do next. I am not living life now. Just existing. I want my life back!

Look into this: Schatzki ring

Hello everybody, its round 7 months happened to me when i just tried to take a little medicine then it stuck in my throat i felt strong  fear and for 3 hours tried to get rid of it. Then i did it but what was bad that after it i felt i cant swallow smoothly hard pieces of food but liquid went good. After a week i stopped even drinking liquid scared  much and about month didnt eat anything . I went to Iran neurologist gave me prescription with few medicines and injections that were vitamins B complex. After couple of medication process i got well and no swallow problem even with hard foods even pop corn went good. But it lasted for 7 months now i feel the same sticking problem and cause of it i feel i dont have appetite and like there is the separation between my throat part and stomach like no signals come to up to my throat in order to swallow something or feeling the will to eat. I went through all medical tests of my stomach and throat doctors said well dont have problem physically. But i'm still much afraid to lose my weight and life if things go in this line. No have only atarax which helps me for a week then the feelings come back to me that thre is no order in my throat to swallow smoothly. Its terrible did anyone prevent it thoroughly ? 

i have the same problem im looking for a solution.....help

My husband says it feels like food is stuck in his throat...he vomited twice last night as well, and today all he can  do is cough like something is stuck in the throat area...he is a very heavy drinker too...does anyone know if drinking too much has anything to do with this?  Please help, he is miserable...I am so afraid something is majorly wrong here