8-|
It happens every so often but ther like a ball or something hard in my throat it goes and comes every so often. I SING TOO so i dont know if thats the problem. I'm only 15 years of age and it hurts but it goes. I hope it's not some tyrp of cancer

Cancer usually doesn’t hurt. It hurts when it has spread a lot and invaded other organs, so I don’t think it is cancer. However, every lump needs to be examined.
No matter if it is a real lump or just a sensation of a lump in a throat. I have been having problems with this lump sensation for quite some time. It feels as if something got stuck in my throat and I have to clear it constantly to get rid of the lump but it is not going away. It is said that this lump sensation comes from stress. You are too young to be under so much stress but we all live in different settings, so anything is possible I guess.
The problem is that we can’t get rid of this lump until we find a way to relax or until we realize what the lump is. The last time my lump appeared, it was 20 days ago and is still bothering me. I will see my GP soon and try to get some muscle relaxants to try to calm the muscle spasm, because it is what it is.
I was checked both by my GP and an ENT and they didn’t find anything in my throat but you should also have it checked to rule out any underlying causes including cancer.

%-) i also have been feeling this lump in my throat. i am only 13. i dont really sing, but i talk sometimes. i had it yesterday and it started about 9:30 in the morning. i could swollow but seconds later it would be there again. ive been burping a lot since then. the only thing that makes it feel better is eating. but i cant always eat. right. so i thought maybe it was just something got caught. it went away after about 3 pm. it was fine after that till about 6 when it was there for about 2 more hours. it went away around 8. then today at about 9:30 again it happened again. it feels like a small round piece of food lodged in my throat. it wont go down if i swollow, but if i eat, it will go away for awhile. after a while in school today, i went to the bathroom to see if i could cough enough to get it out. it didnt work. i even considered trying to puke it out. before i found this site i had decided i would tell my mom and puke later but it probably isnt something i can just puke out [now seeing all these stories of similar happenings] im going to tell my mom later when shes home. any other ideas of wht it could be?

In my opinion, those lumps that you're trying to cough, scrape, or puke out of your throats are tonsil debris. If you have 'crypts' (small openings where food gets stuck) in your tonsils, you will have a life-long problem with these lumps.

My suggestion is that you get to an ENT (ear, nose, & throat) doctor for a complete evaluation. Be sure to tell the doctor about stuff getting stuck in your throat. Chances are that you will need to have your tonsils out. Get it done NOW if you can. Having it done when you are young is better, because you will heal faster.

i have the same thing when i go running my throat feels like its clogging up with like a ball in my throat and i have to choke it out of me or spit like mad im 16 and training for canadian reserves.

Hi. I feel like something is louged in my throat. I burp alot and I don't know why. I'm 19 and in college. I'm under alot of stress. Can this be the reason?
Thank You

Two things you need to follow-up with a Dr. on,

It might be:

A- Your thyroid, this can be serious, and that "lump" is an indicator.

B- Tonsil debris. If you have 'crypts' (small openings where food gets stuck) in your tonsils, you will have a life-long problem with these lumps.

My suggestion is that you get to an ENT (ear, nose, & throat) doctor for a complete evaluation.

I am an EMT, and I will tell you right now - don't ignore anything "odd" going on with your body, but also try not to get obsessed with is because undo stress can just make things worse.

**** it's the people like you who made me get a serious and horrible anxiety attack yesterday. I saw 3 doctors and specialist in the last 10 days and have nothing at all, just enormous stress, which cannot kill you unless you believe in it that bad. I still haven't found how to deal with it at all (execpt exercising, in any way, which creates endorphins) but the last thing to do is read stupid comments about life long problems on internet and seek professional help and or meditation, yoga, and other relaxing therapies. Stop auto-diagnosing right now it will help a lot, stay positive.

I have this lump in my throat, and it :( makes me stress out.

I need your help in this, I don't know what to do!!!!

Please help me :(

I am 13

Whenever you are experiencing out of the ordinary symptoms for a period of time, it is always wise to see a doctor. More times than not it is something simple. But it is better to be safe than sorry, for sure. I agree with people out there scarring the c**p out of people by offering the worst advice. As far as you individuals with the feeling of lumps in your throat, It could be Acid Reflux or Gerd and both are easy to treat if you see a doctor and are diagnosed. I have it severely, I always feel as if I have something in my throat, I always belch (pass gas on both ends), I have pressure in my chest and throat as well as if I need to burp, even after I burp (which is often on some days). It is very uncomfortable and can even cause you to feel nauscious and possibly even throw up. I have a upper esophageal stricture and it is from the acid reflux, I have had to have my throat dialated because I started choking all the time. Other symptoms can include sore throat, hoarseness in your voice. Again, I am not a doctor, these are my symptoms and I do see a doctor. My opinion is, it never hurts to see a doctor, actually it is probably wise when something is not right with your body. But, dont get yourself all worked up because in most cases, it is something small. If it turns out to be something more, then your visit to the doctor could be a possible life saver.. Another thing I can say is that it is possible if you see a doctor and they are not a "good" one, you may be put on the run around and left to think you are going crazy (trust me I have been there). If you have a primary care doctor, talk to them about your symptoms and they can probably refer you to a good doctor.
good luck with your symptoms and don't get yourself all freaked out. It will only aggravate your symptoms.

I have a luump right now and got it about 2 days ago i feel really week, my mom says im getting sick but i dont know.

Quote: do you have Allergys thats what i have when i get that but it could be stress

Guest wrote: I got my tonsils taken out and im so happy i did, allergies is the only reason i get a sore throat. You should do it young the ages around 4 to 15 around there youll have to lay around all the time

i've been having a lump in my throat for three months now i went to the doctor and they said that i have a sinus infection i took all the antibiotic and i still felt the lump so i was so scared i thought i might have cancer or somthing so on day i was wacthing this scary movie and i notice that i was so into the movie that my lump was gone and then i thought about the lump and it came back so i found a way you can make it go away and thats have fun when your doing somthing that you love and enjoy and not thinking about it it's not there so maybe it is stress because stress and cause a lump feeling in your throat i found that out so for a couple of days now i have not had a lump feeling in  my throat so go have fun doing somthing i hope i made someone feel better.

i've been feeling a lump in my throat for three months now i when to the doctor they said it was a sinus infection i took all my meds and i still felt the lump so one day i was wacthing this scary movie and i was so into it that the lump was gone so i foud a way to make i go away by just enjoying yourself and having fun because when your under alot of stress it can cause a lump feeling so thats what i've been doing haveing fun and i haven't felt the lump feeling for a couple of days now and i feel much better so enjoy your self and don't think about it it make it wores so i hope i made someone feel better.