This is similar to the "white chunks" posts I've read, but I have had my tonsils REMOVED when I was very young. Every couple of months, I start to get a bad taste in my mouth and can really tell when I swallow. I'm worried someone else might smell it. It's especially horrible when I wake up in the a.m. I have good dental hygiene - flossing, brushing, etc. I assumed all along that it was food that had gotten lodged in my throat (maybe like nuts or grains) where my tonsils USED to be, so it cannot be tonsiliths. Any ideas? I've been too embarrassed to ask anyone, even my doctor.

You know tonsils can grow back right??? I don't know how old you are, but yes shocking to know that they can grow back and have worse symptoms.

I had them out the 1st of this month so I've researched a bit about this.

Best wishes

It sounds like the same thing I get and I kept my tonsils so I don't think it's tonsil related. But unfortunately I don't know what the food's getting caught in, either. And I don't know how to fix it; I'm online trying to find a solution. Good luck.

I have this same problem. Not pretty to talk about, but food gets stuck in my left gland for days. i can feel it all the time. when i manage to work it out it is terrible. It has been stuck for so long it smells and causes my breath to small all the time. i have tried to gargle with al LITTLE peroxide and water and that seems to force the food out. i am going to see my doctor next week. I will report back.

Lump in throat feeling for about 3 months but have had a history of sinus infections for the past 6 years. Started having this feeling occassinaly but it it now seems to be present all day every day, drinking and eating does provide some relief of the feeling. Some foods however seem to get stuck in the throat area. I have also been having some trouble with bad breath, always unfreash feeling in my mouth even after brushing or a trip to the dentist. It may be a coincidence but the lump in the throat feeling starterd two days after a trip to the dentist. Hwen this initially started I did not find myself clearing my throat but this has recently chnaged and I find that clearing my throat does provide some very momentary relief. I have had BS ruling out strichters, pockets I have had nose scoped with no visible lumps. Dr. suggests acid reflux. I have not taken prescription yet, hoping to find another cure.