Does anyone here have this feeling like there is phlegm or something getting stuck in the throat? I’ve had that feeling for several days now and it just doesn’t want to go away!! I’m really concerned that it could be cancer... I even tried to clear my throat but did nothing – just irritated it...

Dude relax!!! And get cancer out of your mind!!! The heavy phlem could be from acid reflux or a sinus condition. If you have no other symptoms like a dry cough, hoarsness, trouble swallowing or similar, than I really don’t think that it is anything serious!!!

Hi I have had this feeling since 8-31-06, and have been to the Dr. for it. The Dr. said it was acid reflux and gave me a prescription for it. So far it hasn't helped. I have started having panic attacks from worrying why it won't go away. If anyone else finds out what else it could be please let us know.

Thank you,

Dar

I had the same feeling as if some flem or something is stuck in the back of the throat. I can swallow it down and it goes away momentarily and comes back. Two weeks ago I had a soar throat with a pin prick feeling. Since then I have been placed on medicine for acid reflux and sinus drainage. But it hasn't helped much.

I've got the same exact problem with the throat. For me, there's no pain, but there are ever-changing white-patches on the back of my throat. 3 months ago, it started while I was puppy-sitting for a friend. Same white patches and a furball in throat sensation. I thought it might be an allergy thing, but the dr. said it was thrush (oral yeast infection)and gave me a perscription for a lozenge. It did help and cleared it out. Unfortunately, about 2-3 weeks ago, it happened again. It feels like a furball stuck in the left side of my throat. A different dr. gave me a perscription for a liquid anti-fungal med. That helped the first couple of days, then it was back to bad. I went back to her and she said that she doesn't think that's what it is. She also suggested it could be acid reflux and I'm on my 3rd day of taking something for that with no change yet. I went today for a culture on my throat. Hope to get results tomorrow.

She also mentioned a gi? series to see if there are any pockets in the throat or anything. Anyway, I'll try to post if I learn anything and really hope to see and ideas or diagnoses or cures from you all too!

Could be antibiotic-resistant streptococcus pyogenes

hi im a 21 year old girl and i have a swelling in my neck that was only on the right side but has started to swell over to the left i cant get the thought of cancer out of my mind even though it is just the swelling and when i swallow i feel asif something the size of a pill is stuck in my throat.

It isnt painful just annoying to say the least .

I am too scared to go to my Dr. incase she tells me what i am so terrified of i kno this seems silly but im sure a lot of you felt the same just scared.

If any of u could shed some light on this i would be forever grateful.

sorry double post

i feel tat got some foods stuck in my throat since many years ago..
but i din aware it till this year i only realise that got some foods stuck in my throat.

and these few year i feel like carzy cause these food make a fouly smell....like bad breath...
tat smell came out from my mouth and came out from my nose too...
sometime i feel tat many saliva come out wif my mouth, is this the throat block make all my saliva cant pass through my throat?

someone plz tell me wad sickness im having. TQ

In response to some of the acid reflux problems....lumpy feeling in throat, etc.... I have had this for over 5 years, but also had trouble swallowing, would spit up food, could get nothing down.........serious reflux issues, but also have other digestive issues that contribute to the seriousness of this. For simple reflux, and even for my more severe, take some organic apple cider vinegar (with the mother)...Bragg's is about the best......and put this in orange juice or apple juice....just a small amount will do......drink daily or even 2 or 3 times daily. It will help heal the esophagus naturally (a stripped esophagus is why you have the reflux). For sore throat, use cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp) mixed with warm water and gargle 4 times....the first time will burn like crazy, but the others less. In about 20 seconds the sore throat will be completely gone. Do again the next day just for reassurance, but it cures the problem....and if you choose, you can add some cayenne to your herbal tea...very little, and drink it. It clears sinuses and helps with blood circulation, among other things.

i had gull bladder surgery this past january and was cut the old way. since then i have had to have 6 thoart surgery to but stints. due to the surgery.this past week my throart and downard hurt like i have something in there.. i cant hardly swallow and havent ate in three days..,\. i went to hospital and they said it was scar tissut. but no looked in my throart . the onlly thing thet did was take a chest xray.they gave me more reflus medicene for it. is this or could it be something else. please help

I've had the same feeling in my throat for a couple months now... Thought it was thrush, used many medications and even diflucan 2 x for 14 days each and although it did get better, after the meds were gone, it came right back...
I just went to an ear/nos/throat Dr. who said that it was "hairy tongue"... Usually caused from too many antibiotics or smoking or too much coffee... He said to lightly brush to the back of the tongue, stay away from harsh chemicals like mouth wash, or alcohol based products... Then he said to gargle with a solution of 1/2 baking soda and warm water... I'm going to do this and see if it helps... Sometimes it just goes away on it's own, and other's will struggle with it for a long time... Hope this helps someone...

My daughter has experienced something stuck in her throat for months. She is constantly throat clearing and snorting! She feels likw she can't breath. she will often bring up chunks of hard green mucus. All tests for allergies and reflux have come back negative. Please help!

Dude,

Cool ... I was having the same problem like feeling block in throat, was suffered so many months, But one on my friend suggested me to brush inside the throat as much we can ... so that we can clean the throat. Once it done u 'l feel gud ....

Pls try this but safe ....

What did the culture say? Im having the same issues and its making me feel so sick to my stomach.