2 years ago I had an abortion and since then I have had an abnormal period by that I mean I can go up to 3 months without a period. Recently we have been trying to get pregnant but it has not happened. I have never taken birth control so is there something wrong with me?

ok this worked for me after having sex don't go to the bathroom wait until the nexted morning to go to the restroom . It worked for me iam 8 weeks pregnant

Hi natagarcia, 

Since your periods are this irregular, chances are that your ovulation – the time when you are most fertile – is irregular and changed as well. That is why, unrelated to abortion, you need to see your gynecologist so that you can get examined and tested to see what is the cause for so big irregularities in your menstrual cycle.

Abortion might have been the trigger, but this as well sounds like polycystic ovaries syndrome. PCOS makes it harder for you to conceive, but it’s not impossible, if you get the treatment that would regulate your periods and ovulation. It’s better to find out for sure and get the treatment, than to just guess. Wish you luck!