ive been TTC for a lil over a year now. we have a four year old an that pregnancy was unplanned and happened fairly quickly. ever since 2007 my period has been vert irregular. sometimes it will skip 1 month , then 2 months or 3 and now i have gone 5 months with no period, i have taken countless preggo tests and all say negative as well as blood tests. intstead of my period i have been having lots of discharge, and irregular vaginal bleeding that will last a few days and then stop. also recently my breasts have become very sore and i am having bad pelvic pain. any ideas as to what could be wrong with me would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
THANKS!!!

It would be helpful if you said how old are you?

Im twenty two

I think you should see your gynecologist because it seems very likely that you have polycystic ovaries syndrome. PCOS is common hormonal disorder among women your age and its main characteristics are infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods, breast tenderness and pain and cramping in abdominal area. And PCOS is probably why you have such difficulties in concieving because it disrupts your normal ovulation.

o wow..ok thanks nikols. ill deffo make an appointment as soon as possible. is PCOS treatable?

PCOS therapy is in almost all cases completely treated and controlled with birth control pills, but since you are trying to conceive you will probably get adjusted hormonal treatment that will restart your ovulation and yes, women with PCOS have given birth without major problems. Even if it is some other hormonal problem, you need to solve it to maximize your chances of getting pregnant. Wish you all the best and let me know when you find out more!