Im 23 and my partner and i been trying to conceive for the last 12 months?  Yesterday I found out I had more than 10 cysts on my ovaries... I spoke to the dr about the difference in polycystic ovaries and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and there is quite a difference in the two. He told me that its very common for women to develope cysts on there ovaries and still conceieve, however in the case of PCOS there are many symtoms such as abnormal hair, extremely heavy periods and a few others that i cant actually remember. Now, I have none of theses symtoms and all my previous tests came back as they should i.e testostorone levels, ovulation etc.. so for now the Dr has ruled out the syndrome until i have have had further tests. In march i had the same ultra-sound and nothing was found but 9 months later there was a large amount found. Can anyone give me anymore info on both subjects>>> polycystic ovaries and polycystic ovarian syndrome. What things can i change to improve this condition? 

Get back to me... Its terrifying not being certain iof my ability to conceive!!

I wish you the best of luck on your ranny day.

I was diagnosed with pcos in Aug. 2011. I was told that it would be extremly difficult to conceive on my own BUT not impossible! :) I am 22 years old and my fiance and I have been trying to conceive for two years... I was also informed that I have an extreme amount of benin cyst on and around and in my ovaries. With this condition I have excessive weight gain (which is extremly hard to lose weight) thats part of this condition... I also have facial hair on my chin which I have to pluck daily (they have pills to help with that though) I have irragular periods, before I went on the pill to help regulate myself I was having a period once every 3 months that would last almost the whole month (I was like this since I started having a period...but when I was younger I had a period almost every 3weeks out of the month I was very sick from this and extremly anemic)

Pcos sucks put what I am told can be managed with time you and myself are the "lucky ones" since we found out when we are young. Google and read up on both conditions. I wish you good luck, and wish you lots of baby dust to you and your husband.

-confusedgirl808