Two years ago I went to check my hormone status. I did transvaginal ultrasound, and for the first time my gynecologist told me that I am having polycystic ovaries. I was surprised honestly. I had irregular menstrual periods and I thought that hormones are problem. Anyway after I was diagnosed with PCOS, I wasn’t so worried about irregular periods, but now after I married and I want to get pregnant? How to get pregnant if I am still having irregular menstrual periods?

I know that I was also diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, I been having irregular menstrual periods my whole life. Sometime on 40 sometimes even 90 days. I can count on one arm how much days during the month I don’t feel my ovaries. There is always slight discomfort, plus my progesterone is not helping at all. Anyway, I was pregnant, I decided not to keep the baby, but I was that is important. So I can’t tell you how to get pregnant while your periods are irregular but I think you can if you keep trying. However that is only my experience, please consult specialist.

You should talk with your OBGYN about your options. After I was diagnosed with PCOS, I took clomid to help me ovulate. If clomid does not work for you, the next step is to see a fertility specialist. I had laparoscopic ovarian drilling, and got pregnant the same month. There are several more options that a specialist can give you as well. I also charted my temperatures and checked my cervical fluid for signs of fertility.

I know i am 21yrs old and i got married last year and my rt ovarie was removed when i was 12 yrs and since i have gotten married i have been trying to get pregnant but i have abnormal periods so i went to the hospital yesterday and was diagnosed with PCOS. So i have to convinve my Dr. to prescribe clomid any recommendations?