I have wanted to have a baby for some time now, however when I got pregnant in September of 2010, my husband and I were in a bad situation, it was not the kind of thing I wanted to subject an innocent child to, so I had a chemical abortion by taking the pill given to me by planned parenthood at about 6 weeks. We have since worked out the issues in our marriage that had been tearing us apart at the time, and I wish I had known that things were going to work out. We have been trying to conceive for the last 6 months, and have had no luck. My periods are completely irregular now, ranging from 40 to 55 days. We have had sex every other day at the least and no more than once a day as directed by my doctor, but even having sex during my ovulation hasn't worked. I don't know what is wrong with me, I have had positive at home tests, and even symptoms of pregnancy such as morning sickness, and swolen, tender breasts, but my period always just randomly shows up weeks late. I'm starting to get depressed and very worried that something is very wrong with me. If anyone has any information or advice I would really appreciate it, this is starting to take a toll on my husband and I, we both feel like failures. Please help. 

Hello!

I read your post and feel for you.  I have had 2 abortions that were the result of me being very irresponsible and young.  My first abortion was a chemical abortion at 18yo and the second was a suction abortion at 23yo. Both abortions were with my husband which was not predicted at the time. We regretted it, but, at the time, we could barely take care of ourselves and bringing babies in the world was the last thing on our minds. We got married in 12/2009 and we are approaching our thirties and we are in the right place and time for starting a family. We started trying for a baby in 08/2010. I thought I knew when I was ovulating by all the signs so we tried to have sex on ovulation days that I had felt like I was ovulating. After a few months, I became concerned as I knew with the first 2 pregnancies that I got pregnant the first time we had unprotected sex. I asked friends and coworkers that I trusted, I even had one friend that had an abortion before and had been trying off and on and she said she had been to the Doctor and Doctor put her through tests, but everything was fine.

After trying for 6 months, I was ready to go to a fertility clinic. I then started using the ovulation predictor test strips from Walmart; I think they are called Answer Ovulation test strips. Anyways, I started to use those strips and found out that I ovulated later in my cycle rather than halfway through. I realized that all my ovulation symptoms were a week earlier than I was actually ovulating. We used the strips for about 3 months before I got pregnant. We had sex everyday for 3-4 days before a positive ovulation test and for 2 days after the positive test. This is something we had never done before as we always waited for a positive and then had sex. This difference is what worked!

The chances of being infertile following abortion are slim to none if you didn't have complications following abortion such as infection. My abortions were normal, they hurt, and I bled for some weeks afterward. The chances of pregnancy even after an egg has been fertilized with sperm is still only 25% every month. I would get the test strips and see how they work for you.

After trying and trying, I am now 13 weeks pregnant with a healthy fetus. I questioned the Doc to see if I would have a propensity to have complications with this pregnancy after the 2 abortions and he said no that the chances of complications are extremely rare that would be related to an abortion. If you are trying to have a baby, it always takes longer than if you weren't...that is my theory. I hope this helps.

Hey, Mrs.green eyes just wanted too kno if your were able too get preggo... I'm in the same position as you right now.