I Had Ngu A Couple Years Ago, Maybe Didn't Go Away, Pain....

The common causes of unilateral testicular pain could be epididymo-orchitis, trauma (hematocoele) or torsion. Other causes like tumour do not commonly give rise to pain. A urologist should examine you to determine the cause of your problem. The problem is usually not alarming but can be serious. Torsion of the testis is an emergency but if you do have torsion then its too late for any treatment. You should wear scrotal support so that your testicles do not hang free. You can take some pain killers for pain relief. Fomentations either cold or hot are not recommended without knowing the cause of pain. It is advisable that you consult a doctor as early as possible.

Ben3man,
Is it actually painful? Is it tender when you touch it?

it isn't painful, but a slight ache....I read about the torsion thing... what does that mean? I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow...but I am scared I'm screwed.... what does torsion mean?

Ben3man,

Torsion is a twisting of the spermatic cord upon itself that results in obstruction of the blood vessels supplying the testis and epididymis. It is usually the result of anomalous suspension of the testes within the scrotum. Torsion is more common in children, but accounts for 20% of acute scrotal pathology in post-pubertal males. Testicular torsion and acute epididymitis or epididymo-orchitis are the most common causes of an acute scrotal pain. Differentiating between these entities is often difficult on physical examination and testicular sonography with pulsed and color Doppler examination is helpful in this regard. On sonography, the torsed testicle is usually enlarged and hypoechoic compared with the contralateral normal testicle, and may contain echogenic areas representing hemorrhage. Common extra-testicular findings include an enlarged epididymis, skin thickening and reactive hydrocele formation. The gray-scale findings are not specific and may also be seen in epididymo-orchitis. However, decreased or absent blood flow within the testicle on Doppler examination indicates acute torsion.

But no worries, I think your on the wrong track if you think on torsion. You don't have torsion, so don't be afraid. The best for you is to see your urologist ASAP. That's my advice ... Let us know tomorrow what was with your testical pain ...

McCahan

got back from my appointment.... the doc didn't seem to concerned and gave me am appointment to get a sonogram...on the slip it said ,cause: orchalgia....which after looking up what it was, it's just another generic word for pain in my ballz.... so I still don't know what I have, He just asked alot of questions and gave me an appointment.... I asked if they were torsioned he said no, so that was good. I guess i will wait and see ...

Obviously you don't have any of serious symptoms, so you should be happy. Well, Orchalgia is Chronic Testicular Pain, and when it says "chronic", chronic defined as >3 months. Mostly orchalgia will be caused by injury, surgery or testicular torsion. About one out of every 1,000 vasectomy patients are afflicted with orchalgia.

Did you have any kind of surgery lately?

Hi, I want to ask few questions about your problem. When did the pain start again? When does it come on? Did it start when you urinate, have sex or after? Does it radiate anywhere? Did you make lab tests again? Did you get some medicaments, if yes tell us what kind of medicament did you get? What is the result of sonogram?