Few days ago, I have notices something strange is going on with my testicles. I have seen there are pain, swelling, and redness of the testicle. This is accompanied by fever, so I could realize there is something wrong with me. I have been searching if I will feel a lump in the testicle, but I did not find it. A friend of mine said it could be orchitis, so I would like to get info about this problem.

Orchitis is testicular infection and may be caused by numerous bacterial and viral organisms. It is usually a consequence of epididymitis, which is inflammation of the epididymis. That tube connects the vas deferens and the testicle; I guess you already know this. For many types of infection, the doctor can prescribe an antibiotic as a treatment option for orchitis. If the problem is caused by mumps, however, there are no drugs to speed recovery, and antibiotics could not help you a lot. You should simply follow the instructions your doctor will give you, to make the area as comfortable as possible. Someone think doctor is not needed in these cases for orchitis, but you should visit a doctor if you have a high temperature. If your pain is not relieved by bed rest, applying heat or cold or scrotal support, you should also consult the doctor. This is not so dangerous infection, but I would still recommend anyone with orchitis to have doctor’s exam. Although there are tips to relieve symptoms, you should treat this condition if there is need for this.