I am a 13 year old male. I have had this happen before but only about 3 times. I wake up and my left testicle (only my left) is hurting (almost like a cramp) it only last about 5-10 minutes but this morning it lasted a solid hour and it hurt to walk (apply pressure) Please contact me with any info!

Hi Bk,

Some pains in your testicles are normal while you're growing up.  But, it can also be a concern if the pain is severe as it can indicate testicular torsion.  Basically, the blood flow to the testicle is cut off and it can actually die (and need to be removed).

Not to scare you with that, just make sure you're aware.

Now, since you're 13 you are likely in puberty.  You can also have pains from not ejaculating, as in "blue balls."  Are you waking with a morning erection?  Are you having nocturnal emissions or are you masturbating? 

Hey there bk I agree with dan. Some pains and twinges are normal but is you notice swelling in your testicles or that the painful one is red and higher with moderate to severe constant pain you need to get seen it could be a testicular torsion (twisted testicle) or and infection in your testicle (orchitis) or epididymis (epididymitis) does your pain improve after ejaculation?

I took advil while I was in pain I did not ejaculate. This has happened a few times before, would my testicle be "dead"

I do masturbate and I do wake up erect

Ok I would say your testicle is not dead.... Is that testicle larger than your right or red or hang much higher?

I don't think the testicle is dead either. You really wouldn't be able to walk at all from the pain.

As Biomajor says it can also be an infection. Are both testicles about the same size? Do they feel different?

The one that was in pain was swolen a good size bigger that the other one

Has the swelling went down at all? If you have swelling it is a good idea to get checked out

Yes the swelling went down that night, it lasted for about an hour then started to reduce in size

How is it. Now any swelling or pain? Does that testicle feel any different that your other one (harder softer more lumpy ect)

No they feel normal, all the pain and swelling stopped the night/morning in about an hour to an hour and a half

When is the next time you will see your doctor ? I would ask them next time you are there . If things get worse or swelling persists make an appointment to get checked out

Sorry for the extremely later response but, turns out it was a testicular torsion and I had surgery about 5 months ago. Thanks for yalls help!

Hey it's Biomajor10, Wow a torsion real?? That's. Bit surprising I would have thought you would have been in more constant pain . Did they have to remove your testicle? And thanks for replying with an update