Hello. My brother has a problem. He has some sort of swelling in his fingers. He says it doesn’t hurt, it is just that his fingers are swollen and itchy and has reddish hives. What is this? Should he visit a doctor?

Hello.
I think your brother should visit a doctor.
It is very hard to say over the web what is wrong, but I think I might know what is going on. This condition is called urticaria. Urticaria is a skin rash, also called a skin rash, hives nettle rash. It is often accompanied by swelling and itching (as it is in your brother’s case). There is also possibility he has angioedema, which is condition of deeper layers of skin, and it often occurs in fingers (swelling is very typical), but I think he has urticaria, because he isn’t complaining he feels pain, which is present with angioedema. Though angioedema is more common with men, while urticaria is with women, but this is just statistical info. Ok, treatment… antihistamines, and 1% menthol in aqueous cream may help control itching, but as I said at the beginning, I wouldn’t play doctor myself and I recommend you do not too. It is hard to say whether he has angioedema or urticaria, this is up to doctor to decide.