Hi there! I am 40 years old woman and I believe I have already entered a premenopause. I don’t have any special symptoms except for one. I have developed hives. Now, I am wondering if there were chances that the hives were connected with the premenopause or there could be another cause of this rash.

Hello! I think it could be both. Some women repost having hives during their premenopause and menopause, but doctors usually say there is no connection. I believe that you should make an appointment at the dermatologist and try to figure out the cause of hives there. Good luck!

I am 44 and since august of 06 I have been getting hives. I totally relate it to my hormones as they are much worse during ovulation and just before my period. I went to the allergist and had many tests done for allergies and to no avail. I am searching desperately for help with these hives as they are annoying, deprive me of my sleep, as they seem to come on during the night. If I take antihistamines I feel groggy and have no energy. The worst is when the hives come out on my face and I have to walk around all day looking as if I am a beaten woman. Or if they come out on my feet and the pressure of walking hits them it actually hurts. I have done many things to try and find a way to aleviate the hives and I am right now bombarding myself with spirulina. I read that spirulina helps build up defenses against allergens and helps the body fight mast cells. I have not seen any relief yet but heres to hoping. I have just started doing this and not sure how long it will take to show some effects. If anyone out there has had some success with some natural remedy please let me know. I will keep you all posted if the spirulina helps.

Hi, I have experienced similar issues. I find these steps help. Stop taking medications of all kinds, except a multivitamin. Try to eat a meat free dinner, eat all your proteins during the day, avoid spices at dinner too ( if you love spices, wait till this problem goes away first), spicy peppers can worsen an on-going hive condition.

Use a natural sleep aid, emersonecologics.com sells a liquid sublingual melatonin. I suggest you do not take antihistamines unless the rash becomes too much. You can learn how to apply homeopathic medicine by getting a homeopathy book, Amazon has it, and then purchase a kit. They work effectively for me. I find the night rash works better with Sulphur, day rash is better with Apis. Get a book and learn about it. It is no secret, you don't have to depend on a homeopath.

Drink a lot of water. Rash is also a little nerve related, which is the reason why it is habit forming. If you get rash at night, then go to bed early, sleep when you can, if rash keeps you awake, sit up, take your homeopathic pill, read a book or watch a movie, then you can go back to sleep. Eventually when you body is less dependent on the antihistamine you've been using, it will try to heal itself.

These worked well for me. Hope it does for you too.

use progesterone cream twice a day....you are all estrogen dominent....too much estrogen and not enough progesterone....it works...i know..I have had hives off and on for years...no allergies....using progesterone has taken them away

Hello
Ladies I have the same problem thinking it was hives what I have. No it is called autoimmune progesterone dermatitis and comes every month right before my period and goes away about two days after.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***