Do any of you suffer from Chronic Urticaria (hives)? I was about 10 years old, when my thyroid started affecting my everyday life. However, I didn't know I had Graves Disease, until I was 23. The only reason I found out, was because of a "hives" condition that I started experiencing when I was 19. Went through every allergy test, shots twice a week for two years etc. Nothing helped and no idea as to why!?!?. I've literally dumped bags of ice in my bathtub, filled it with cold water and completely submerge myself for as long as I could handle it. It's the most miserable thing I've ever dealt with. I have scars from scratching, heat intolerance, multiple forms of the whelps, joint inflammation, skin sore to the softest of touch and movement. At times, it will last 24/7 for different periods of time and will sometimes only have a few spots, or be covered from head to toe. My face will completely swell in a matter of minutes. Quite a few times, I've had such quick and extreme flare ups, that it's caused the insides of my thighs to look as if someone beat me with a baseball bat. The itching and pain is so overwhelming and life consuming. Anyway, while searching for answers, I stumbled across hyperthyroidism and all of it's very familiar symptoms and went to my PCP. So, while finally having an answer for all my other medical problems that Graves Disease delivers, we still had no clue to the hives. Only that it has to relate to having an autoimmune disease and my body attacking itself. Doxepin was prescribed and worked for a little over 3years , until I became immune to it. I am now 33, am almost 14 years into the hives condition and still no answer to the trigger. To my understanding, Doxepin is still the only medicine used for Chronic Undiagnosed Urticaria. The massive amounts of Benadryl I take on a daily basis, is unreal and ads to  liver tests, when checking on my thyroid levels. I apologise for such a long message, but I'm desperate for relief and answers. I'm tired of it taking me down and also affecting my children.

I had chronic urticaria too, only for a year maybe, and not as bad as you. It was a reaction to specific things, but something that gave me hives one day would be fine the next day, and something else would give me hives. I took allergy pills regularly to stop it. Just regular allergy pills. Every so often i stopped to see if the hives came back, then i would take them again. Eventually they stopped coming back. After that I got diagnosed with Graves. Now sometimes I get a couple of hives, usually on my face, for no apparent reason. My doctors have never made the connection between the hives and Graves.