I found out I was pregnant on 26th Nov. I started bleeding on 13th Dec and bled for approx 2 and a half weeks. I went into hospital on 27th Dec and the midwife took some swabs (not sure why) and told me to go back 9th Jan for a scan. I am pretty sure I have miscarried as I've already had 7 children (some through surrogacy). I don't know what to expect at my appointment as the way the midwife spoke, she seemed to be giving me hope and I just don't feel pregnant anymore. I didn't suffer any bad cramps but bled very heavily. I have no sickness, breast tenderness or any other pregnancy symptoms. Has anyone got an idea as to why they are still giving hope and what I should expect at the hospital. I did a test today (5th Jan) and it showed positive, I'm totally confused !! Should the test be negative by now. How long would a test stay positive when you have miscarried ?
Thanx

After a miscarriage, the test will often show positive for 1-2 weeks. Usually it is 2 weeks, depending on how far along you are.