Hello can someone please help me.... I had sexual intercourse with my recent partner on the 3rd dec 2011 and the he decided to break up a day later... Then i got together with my ex who is now my current bf and had intercourse on the 6th,7th,8th,9th and 10th dec... I recently found out im expecting, i went for my ultrasound scan and i was 12 weeks and 2 days due on 3rd sept 2012... Im just little unsure who could be the father of my unborn baby :( my midwife said i could of concieved around the 9th dec 2011... please help me, im hoping the father is my current bf! many thanks x

Hi Kelshay,

In all likelihood, you're going to need a DNA test to tell.  Its very close. 

Sperm can live up to about 5 days and timing of conception is not accurate to the day.

hey medic-dan, i took a digital pregnancy test on the 28th december 2011 and it said 1-2 weeks pregnant..... that would take me bk to the 14th dec.... if i conceived the week before then the test would of said 2-3 weeks wouldnt it?? after this info i have just gave you, what do you think now? please reply thankyou for your time x

Also that would mean i conceived within that time? and as you said sperm can live inside a women for up to 5 days, from the 3rd dec that would be 8th, thats a week extra on the clearblue test. which would result as 2-3 but it didnt... help x

All the tests, even the ultrasound are an approximation. Everything develops at different rates. There are lots of variables. Even the clearblue test is full of variables.

If you knew exactly when you ovulated, if it was after the 8th it would be likely to be your current bf.

It's too close to be sure. It's likely your bf's but there is only one way to be positive.

well i normally ovulate 14 days after LMP.... when i went for my ultrasound the date they said for my LMP was the 28th thats only 2 days out as it was the 26th.... ive spoken to my midwife and she said i concieved around the 9th.... and ive used the calculators online, and no matter how i do it it says i concieved on the 12th give 3 days... and ive imputted how many weeks i was when i went for my scan and its exactly 12 wks and 2 days! i took a preg test the first time on the 20th dec and it was positive, then had slight bleeding which would be 9days after the day i bled, which possibly could of been implantation bleeding.... cuz ive read that happens between 7-12 days after conception.... i would of thought if the babys dad was from the 3rd then i would of had a positive preg test the first time i took one... then i took the next test on the 28th and it stated 1-2 weeks.... so it sort of all plans out as it is my current partner (from 6th)... wat do u think?

sorry i took a test on 20th and it was negative......

hey medic-dan,
could you give me some advice as to who's likely to be the father of my baby.
I had a bf we had sex unprotected no withdrawl or anything for about a year never got pregnant, werent trying to have kids either.
He used marijuana quite a bit so we broke up. But the first day of my last period was april 26th 2012. we had idk how many times between then and may 12th. then i started having sex like may 19th to may 26th with another man. My period normally comes every 6 wks in stead of every 4. but june 1st i had a tiny bit of spotting and on june 11th found out i was mabey 4 wks pregnant. Since i never got pregnant with my ex bf and it seems that i ovulated late im thinking it might be the other guys kid.
What do you think? Or should I only trust DNA? Thanks!