I was wondering whether it was normal to be bleeding continuously for a month after miscarriage. I had a miscarriage starting on Oct 14 and now its Nov 14 and I am still bleeding. though it became a lot lighter over the last few weeks, about 4 days ago it started to feel like a period, with lots of cramping that hasn't gone away. I am bleeding more again as well. Not sure what this means. I had a natural miscarriage, no D&C. thanks.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing, bleeding started on Aug. 9th. They gave me a scan on the 10th and everything was ok. I went back on the 18th and they told me I was miscarrying. I continued to bleed until Sept. 13th. My doctor didn't tell me if it was normal or not. I'm now waiting for AF. I wish you the best hun.

same here miscarried on dec 11th and still bleeding today jan 2nd

hey,my heart goes out for every one whos going through this.its the worst and most horrible experience in my whole life.i was 11 weeks,4 days pregnant,when i had the actual miscarriage,blead heavily with huge clots and lots of lots of gushing blood for 3 to 4 days,along with lots of labour like pains and heavy bleeding for a week.and today the 2nd of jan,3 weeks and 2 days after natural miscarriage,still bleeding though light.i wanted to know whether its natural to bleed for so long after a natural miscarriage?two days ago i had an internal scan ,where they took pictures of my uterus to see if theres aything wrong.when had a word with the doc,says me to wait for 2 more weeks to see how things go!!!but dont really trust them.im just scared,letting it bleed for so long might also create an infection.this is my first ever miscarriage and im so scared that i might make it more bad.frankly,when i thought the bleeding was ending completing my 2 weeks,i had intercourse twice when there was no bleeding in the last day of my 2nd week of miscarriage and the 1st day of the 3rd week.now after 2 days again i see a slight increase in bleeding,as if it can stain my whole thong in 8hrs?is that normal?or im just being a bit paranoid?the docs even told me to stay off sex till the bleeding has completely stopped,but been so stupid not listening to them excatly.i know this is bad,but please any advice would be a real help.thanx much

I had a miscarriage on 12 January (so 2 weeks ago). I was 11 weeks and 6 days. I did not have a D & C. I had heavy bleeding with gushing blood and lots and lots of clots too. This for about 4 days. Then just bleeding. Now for the last 2 days, I have starting bleeding heavy again with big clots. I am frustrated and dont know when it will stop. I just want things to get back to normal. Me and my husband cant have sex until I have stopped bleeding, due to the risk of infection. But we have been through something really sad, and its frustrating. I am fed up with the bleeding. And we dont even have anything to show for this traumatic experience we've been through.

To all of you who have had a miscarriage and are still bleeding with clotting, my heart goes out to you, but please go see your doctor asap. I have 4 children, but had a miscarriage before child 4. I bled for nearly 2 1/2 months. An ultrasound showed no remaining tissue in my uterus. However, after I was placed on iron pills since I became so fatigued by the loss of blood, another doctor suggested a D&D, which I had. It turn out there was a tiny piece of tissue from the placenta left on my uterus, which was causing this. Too small to show up on the ultrasound, yet it caused me so much bleeding. If you opt for a D&C, which I strongly suggest, even though I was so much against it, ask the doctor not to scrape your uterus, so as to minimize scarring in the hopes that it doesn't affect future pregnancies. After the D&C, I bled normally for approximately 10 days, with every day showing less blood, and no blood clots, than the day before. The D&C was quick, using laughing gas, and the recovery was painless.

I just had another miscarriage this past Thursday, with child #5, and I am heavily bleeding and clotting. I have an ultrasound appointment this Thursday with my doctor, and whether or not she sees anything, if I am still clotting and bleeding, I will ask her to schedule a D&C asap. There is no point in waiting.

By the way, I also had a D&C after a healthy vaginal delivery of child #2. I bled and clotted, and nothing made it stop, until I had a D&C. Some bodies are just made that way. They in fact found remaining placenta tissue...

I am not a doctor, although after 4 children and several miscarriages, I know the symptoms. I wish you all well, and understand your fears, and I sympathize with you, but please tell the doctors what you need, don't wait for them to suggest things to you.

All the best.

i had a miscarriage a month ago and im still bleeding heavily; i dnt go to the hospital because when i went to the gyn they had said that it was a complete miscarriage; what do i do?

i had a miscarriage last saturday but i did not bleed after that.. is that normal? wat shud i do?

:cry: I had a miscarriage on March 25 I was bleeding, and clotting really bad at the hospital
Then I had a miscarriage. I was 10 wks. It's April 10, Iam still bleeding. I'am scared as well
My bleeding stopped a day then it came back again. I'am so tired. This was my first miscarriage
and I don't have any kids. I pray I be able to have another one.

I just had a miscarriage this Thursday night at 11pm, April 4th. This is my 1st one, I am young and didn't even know I was pregnant...the scariest thing that ever happened to me, its emotionally draning.
The day after, [Friday] I had normal bleeding, nothing to heavy, no clots...Saturday the same. But today, [sunday], ive been bleeding quite heavier and im having clots, nothing huge as on thursday, but clots maybe to an inch or so? maybe a little smaller.
My doctor gave me a scan when I went to the ER on thursday night/friday morning and he said everything looked good. But now im worried because im bleeding clots again...

is this normal ladies!? he said to go back if i have a fever [because that could be an infection], or severe cramps or very heavy bleeding, which i dont have heavy bleeding, but its starting to worry me.
I have to follow up tomorrow with another doc to see if i need a D&C, it all depends on my levels.

Hi I am going through the same thing. %-) on Monday April 5th I found out i was pregnant and by Thursday i was spotting and it got heavier friday and saturday. I had NO cramping and NO pain or i wasnt filling up a pad every hour. I went to the ER on Saturday and they said i was having a miscarriage. They did an ultrasound and they didnt see anything. but my HCG levels were still showing pregnant. The ER Dr told me to go to my regular doctor on Monday to get tested again by monday my levels would have dropped They did not they went up but not doubling like they should be. The DR immediatly told me to have & D&C. but i was confused because the levels were going up. I got tested again on Wed April 14th which by the way i am still bleeding very lightly but still bright red. and my levels dropped. not completely down but where the doctor said its a negative pregnancy :-( . I was so excited but now so sad. i have a follow up on Tuesday April 20th because they will test me again. the levels have to be at zero and mine are not which they tell me i most likely need a D&C because if my levels are still showing signs of pregnancy i have something in me that is causing me to bleed. 8-| i am so confused, sad, emotionally drained and i know how you feel. BEST wishes to you ;-)

I have a natural miscarrage at 18wks on the 6 of march, have been bleeding to death till now. Have been to my gp and firstly she gave me nonethisterone but still i was bleeding but sometime its like black spotting for a day or two then heavy bleeding with clotting again. I went to her the second time then she gave me mefenamic acid(1 3x a day) to be taken with transamic acid 2tablets 3 times daily but am still bleeding with heavy clot. I change my gynea to a private one and met him yesterday complained to him about the bleeding and he up the dose of the mefenamic acid to 4 times daily but am still bleeding to death. Am sitting on the toilet bowl because the bleeding is dripping like water. Am confuse becos I have fabroid of 6x7x10 I don't know if this is the cause of my miacarriage and bleeding, pls advice, I can't even leave the house for long.

I am currently going through a miscarriage..I am 23 years old and already have an almost 4 year old daughter..I have had a miscarriage before but it was nothing like this and i think it was because i did not know..I was exactly 6 weeks when i found out that i was going through the miscarry..I am in sooooo much pain right now..I feel like i am having contractions right now and it is horrible..I am clotting bad and am scared and very sad..It did not hit me that i lost my baby until my best friend had her son on the 3rd and when i held him all i could think about was what my baby would look like..On top of all this i just lost my apartment and i feel like the world is coming down on my shoulders all at once.

I got this off a miscarriage support website....

bleeding
If your miscarriage is complete, you can expect your bleeding to taper off rapidly, i.e. over the next week it should get lighter and lighter and stop. All bleeding and spotting should have stopped by seven days. If it persists or is heavier than a normal period, this indicates something is wrong, see your doctor. While you are still bleeding it is important that you shower, not bath, and that you do not swim in public pools because of the risk of contracting an infection.

I HAD MY 8 TH MISCARRIAGE 4 WEEKS AGO BUT THE FIRST TIME IVE HAD A D AND C , AS IT WAS A MISSED MISSCARIAGE EVERYTHING WENT FINE AND I WAS BLEEDING FOR 10 DAYS ON AND OFF, YESTERDAY I HAD FRESH BLEEDING AND A FEW CLOTS THEN IT STOPPED I AM WONDERING IF THIS IS MY PERIOD AS ONLY LASTED A FEW HOURS ,WE HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A BABY AGAIN , SO HOW DO I NO IF ITS MY PERIOD , ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS :-) ?