I found out i was pregnant on new years day...the following day i went to my doctors & told i was 4 weeks pregnant..... My last period was 2nd Dec - 5th Dec, my cycle is normally 23 days. I had sex with my partner the early hours on 13th Dec & slept with a guy in the evening on 14th & again with him on the 17th.... i understand what ive done is wrong but the stress of not knowing who the father is making me so ill & im worried what effect it will have on the baby. Karma is being thrown at me i guess...

Hi Ellie,

Doctors base dates on your LMP so 4 weeks would be correct.

As to the father, it could be either.

You can get a "non-invasive DNA test" at as early as 9 weeks.  Look it up.  They obtain the babies DNA from your blood.  Your partners would also need to provide a DNA sample.

Good luck.

I'm still with my partner, i'm too scared to tell him he may not be the dad. Is there no way my doctor would know without DNA testing or is that a silly question :/

I understand. The problem is that you do not become pregnant immediately, it takes several days. Having sex a day apart, it really could be either. Your doctor CAN NOT TELL who the father is without a DNA test. They can't tell you when you conceived to the day either.

One suffers with premature ejaculation could this make one less likely to be the dad??

Nope. It just means he ejaculates quickly. It has nothing to do with fertility.

Even "less likely" he can still be the father.

Okay, thank you for your help.

Can I add another dimension to this? If your cycle is normally 23 days, then your period would have been due to start 25th December. If so, I would think you may have ovulated 11th December. That would indicate you were not fertile on 13th, 14th or 17th. What sexual activity did you have from 6th to 11th December? Of course, you may have ovulated late. In which case 13th could possibly be ovulation day, and so a fertile day.

My cycle is always between 20-23 days...i had Sex early hours (like 2am) on the 13th no other time before then.

It did stay on my period tracker app that the 13th was my ovulation day?

If 13th were your ovulation day, I would think the likelihood is that the sex in the early hours of that day was the cause of your pregnancy. Sperm would have been waiting in your fallopian tubes to greet the discharged egg later on that day. Once fertilised, the egg cannot be re-fertilised. However, there is no guarantee that any sperm ejaculated on 13th were fit enough to make the journey or to fertilise the egg.
What were the dates of your previous period starts? Was 13th really your first sexual encounter of any sort?

My previous period was 6th-9th Nov' with very light spotting on the 10th.... No, after my period in Dec' i only had sex the earlier hours on the 13th.

Just to add, sperm can remain viable UP TO about 5 days. The egg for about 48 hours after ovulation.

It could have been either. You will need a DNA test.

So 6 Nov to 2 Dec is 26 days! That is more than 20-23 days you quoted. So while I still think 13 Dec more likely, there is no certainty. Sperm from 13th probably beat sperm from 14th, but there is no guarantee.
But there is more to your situation than paternity. Relationship faithfulness needs to be addressed. A DNA test would be conclusive

That is true regarding sperm (possibly 6). Not sure about egg. I'd go more with up to 24hrs after actual ovulation moment. However with a possible 26 day cycle both 13th and 14th would be 'fertile' days. Yes, a DNA test is the only way to be sure.