Hey.
I was having unprotected sex for the 10 days after my period, i am 22 years old and came off the pill 3 months ago. my period is not due for a week and i
started experiencing very light brown spotting for a couple of days, it stopped for one day, now i have a little bit heavier bleeding that is alot different in colour, darker red. Do you think that i was implanting and then miscarried?? or is it just my period? i am usually regular. Could it still be implanting??

It could be any of those things, it is too hard to tell. If you are late for your period, take a home pregnancy test. Good luck

But if i am bleeding now, but due in a week and it doesnt come, couldnt this just be my period coming early?

Its just strange that i was spotting exactly around the days that implantation should occur. I really thought that was what it was until I got the heavier flow and diff colour...

Can anyone else help me out here?

Generally implantation bleeding is very light, if you wait for a week until your period would have been due and take a test it will show a reliable result and you will be able to tell if this was an early period or from pregnancy

I was hoping Megan would respond to what she found out. I am going though the same problem. I think I ovulated on the 5th and noticed light pink spotting on the 9th then it turned brown for the 10th, 11th, 12th. Today (13th) I had brown but it turned red like a normal period but stopped immediatly. My period isn't due until the 18th. Any clues?

Well I am going thru a similar situation right now. On the 13th thru the 17th of aug I had my normal period, then on the 18th since it had stopped completely by that night my bf & I had sex (unprotected). He's in the army so we haven't seen eachother much so for almost every other night after that, that he was home visiting for the 2 weeks(he got here on the 15th) we had unprotected sex. Then he left on the 28th and the last time that we had sex was early that morning at like 1/2am, which by my calculations on different sites, tell me that I would have been ovualting on/around those days that we had sex. Then on Spet 2nd I started feeling cramping in my lower abdomen and started to spot a little bit, light pinkish almost see thru red color. Then this morning Sept 3rd I woke up and my underwear was soaked with blood, which doesn't even smell like a normal period. And I am feeling sick to my stomach and still have really sharp pains/cramps. But I feel it's too soon to test. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but at the same time I'm not trying not to. I feel that everything happens for a reason, and god won't give me more than he knows I can handle. Also if he wants me to be pregnant then he will make wether I'm on BC or not, that's why I don't use any contraceptive with my bf. We plan to get married. My point is tho, that I don't know what's going on with my body, I was kind of hoping to be pregnant tho. And now I'm guessing that I am not since it's almost like period type of bleeding, but I'm not due for my period for another almost 2 weeks. Please help me anyone if you can! thank you. my email is _[removed]_ or if you have a myspace you can contact me on there thru my link:
www.myspace.com/lovemeforme86

thank you again!!

*melissa*

I'm experiencing the same scenario! I'm not expecting my period for another 12 days and started experiencing light brown spotting yesterday, and today have started cramping/lower back pain/and the spotting has increased.

Not sure if it's an early period or possible implantation bleeding? having such an early period is not normal for me...

Im in the same situation. I had spotting and cramping on Dec. 2 which would have been the right time for implantation and some spotting on 3rd then no more. But I had cramping and back ache off and on until the 17th(3 days past due menstual) when I started spotting again. On the 18th I began bleeding bright red (unusual for my menstrual-never before been this color) and passing large clots. On the 20th I went to the ER where they ran a blood test and said I wasnt pregnant. I have other children and know the signs. My last child I was only two wks or one wk gestation when I knew it (urine test showed negative - the next wk urine was positive). With this one I dont know what to think. I had the feeling and the signs... could miscarriage have began during implantation and completed now? I know complete implantation takes approx. 6 days and HCG levels only begin to increase after implantation begins. Could that be why my HCG level says Im not pregnant? Im making an apointment with my ob/gyn. Can anyone give insight?

i have very similar symptoms. Tuesday is my 5dpo(i know this becoz i have taken HCG as part of IUI for ovulating on friday). Started spotting on tuesday but its grown to a light period with brown lumpy discharge by yesterday, continuing today. I have severe cramps and back ache. I have never been this early and i don't understand whats happening with my body. I called the hosp and the nurse didnt help me either. they just told me to wait and see. Let me know if any of you have more information. i had gone through an IVf and several IUIs. i was hoping this will work out.

I ovulated on Nov 18 had sex on Nov 16, 18, and 20th. My period was due January 1, 2007. I started spotting very light pink on Nov 28, and 29th. Then on Nov 30th and 31st I was bleeding medium to heavy with no clots or cramps whatsoever. I initially thought I had implantation spotting, until the bleeding, so I became very confused. Was it an early period or am I pregnant. It all feels very weird to me. Any thoughts.

[Hey, Just wondering if the women who had the spotting early december had foudn out anything?
I'm having something very similar right now and i never get spotting...let me know how it went.

*********

Thanks!!

**edited by moderator**

quick question, i had very light spotting for 4 days light pink, then it stopped and me and my fiance had sex and then i started light brown spotting and a little cramping, ive been real moody and have had light heartburn i sleep alot and feel lazy i took a home preg test it came out neg, can i be preg or is this af?

May very well be AF..

I had LIGHT spotting for 4 days in mid december (about 5/6 days past ovulation).... Got my results -- it was implantation bleeding. I missed my period 11 days later -- and tested-- i'm pregnant :-)

I'm just trying to get used to trying to do my job now & coping with moring sickness & nausea... ICK.....

OMG!!!! CONGRUTULATIONS. My husband and I are also trying, Af is suppose to show today, I am hoping she won't. I had a similar experience, except my spotting occured about a week after my normal cycle. It came full force a week early, and then a week later after I stopped, I started spotting with brown discharge. Send some baby dust my way....I was going to test this morning but I am scared I will see another negative. What do you think?