In middle and high school, during gym, my fingertips would sometimes swell and turn red--occasionally after I had dribbled a basketball. During a fair, the same thing happened after I held a paper cup of Del's lemonade. Today, my fingers and a small patch of skin swelled after holding a McDonald's cup of M&M McFlurry. Only the left hand was effected--exactly the spots that had touched the cup. And I can usually feel that the swelling is coming. I can feel a tingling sensation that almost feels like blood rushing to the points. Is this an allergic reaction to something? If so, what? Would anyone be able to shed some light on it please? (The swelling stops after a while, but doesn't reduce until several hours later.)

i had this same problem...i would suggest talking with your family doc

That's very odd. I wouldn't say seeing a family doctor though--I thinka dermatologist would help you best. What you should do is photograph you rskin so they can see what it looks like it is, okay? Keep us posted on what it is!