Hello!
I had total hysterectomy half year ago. Now, comes the strangest part. Soon after the surgery my knee became swollen. I didn’t hurt it or anything... all of a sudden: redness around the knee and swelling. Knee also hurts, and I feel very unstable when I am standing on the left leg (left knee is swollen). Could this be somehow connected to my hysterectomy?

I sincerely do not see how hysterectomy could be connected to knee problems- these are totally different areas and are at least by my opinion not connected. If I were you, I would go to a doctor and get this checked. I think your knee will have to be x rayed. Without picture there is little to be said what exactly is wrong.

It definitely could be related. After the birth of both my kids, I got chronic knee swelling. I saw doctors and I didn't have any arthritis or any ortho issue. I kept telling the doctors that it seemed related to hormones, but no doctor can figure it out or even cares to. I'm actually going through it now with my 2nd child. I'm working with a naturopathic doctor (ND) so maybe she will be able to help. I highly recommend a ND to help you after such a serious surgery.

VIt must be somehow related. I also had total hysrectomy last month (17th July 2013) and now both my knees are swollen and very painfull also having difficulty walking. Never had knee issues before.

Did your swelling eventually go away? My left knee swelled up about 3 weeks after surgery.

Did your swelling eventually go away? My left knee swelled up about 3 weeks after surgery. Thank you so much.

I had total hysterectomy just over a week ago. My left leg went numb along the femoral nerve areas. Knee has been swollen since the surgery. I feel like the numbness is slowly but surely getting better, but knee is STILL swollen. I do find that my left foot keeps going cold as well. Going to check with my dr as to what to do about all this. Hope you have found some relief and if so, what did you find out?

Funny thing I too experience both knees hurting since my total hysterectomy