I would like to ask you a few things about hand swelling. Does it indicate hand fracture or not? I think I hit my hand last night on some party and now it is swelled in the wrist area. It hurts a bit, but nothing serious. And I cannot move it normally because of the swelling. Should I go see a doctor?

Well, that would not hurt at all, but I don’t think you have broken anything. It is also possible that you have strained a muscle, ligament or a tendon a bit too hard and the surrounding nerves reacted and thus came the swelling. There was some time after the time of injury, so it would hurt much more now, if it was broken. I think that you need an examination, just to hear some advices on treating that swelling.

Well,
You have to understand that you don’t have to have a fracture in order to have a swelling on your hand. This is most likely just a simple injury where you got swelling because your muscles suffered from the hit. You have to know that you need to put some ice on your hand and that you need to give your had a lot of rest. It needs time to heal. Are you able to move your fingers? How big the pain is in the hand? I think that you will be fine in couple of days just don’t put any pressure on your hand. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Nelie

Hi i hit my bike in my hand it is swollen since yesterday paining timely what to do