Hello, I am a man who is 32 years old. I have a big problem. I like to drink and for the last couple of months my tongue is swollen. I presume that alcohol has the major part with it but I don’t want to see a doctor. Is there anyone who can say something about this? Thank you all in advance.

Hi there. First of all you should go to the doctor because that is what they are for. Don't be mad but you act pretty irresponsible. If you are allergic to alcohol you will have to stop, which would be a great thing for your liver. I advise you to examine it because there is slight possibility that it is damaged. Please follow my advice about this because alcohol won't give you anything good. All the best wishes for you.

Listen, its a common thing. It happens to me everytime i drink. my tongue gets swollen and is sore. i read an artical and the best solution is to stay very hydrated, avoid alcohol, coffees, teas, carbonated beverages for a few days, and stock up on a multi vitamin B complex. i thought i might be allergic to alcohol. but its really not as big of a deal as auberon made it out to be.

Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT drink with this condition. My best friend's tongue would swell when drinking too much. We would have a good laugh at his expense whenever this happened. His tongue would swell to the point where he couldn't talk or even swallow. He had to spit in a cup. We dubbed this condition "Mute-Mode". We had a good time with it. But, unfortunately, this last fall he got very drunk at a wedding reception and went mute mode. He got to where his tongue swelled so much it blocked off his airway. He died September 19, 2010 on his own suffocating and I will never forgive myself for letting his condition go undiagnosed. You should go to a doctor right away and you will more than likely be diagnosed with an alcohol allergy.

My tongue gets an unusual feeling when I drink, even as little as one beer. It's similar to how your tongue feels when you eat really hot food and burn it. Happens with beer, wine or hard liquor. The other day I was golfing and bought a beer at the clubhouse after 9 holes. They put it in a plastic cup with a lid. I grabbed a straw and drank it on the course. My tongue was fine for the first time drinking alcohol. Maybe I'll try this with wine to see if the results are the same.

i have the same problem . my tongue gets swollen on the right side when i drink alcohol and it is painful for two or three days. so do u think that i have to see a doctor or do u know something that can help me . i like to drink alcohol in the weekends. thanks for ur advice

I'm a light drinker and smoker.  3 cocktails, 6 cigs and never had a problem with tongue swelling until I took BACTRIM two months ago.  Used prednisone and allergy pills and it hasn't gone way!  Masses of crushed ice do nothing.  Dr in the emergency room said it was ok for my libations.  Has anyone had a reaction to Bactrim like this and is a smoker?? 

i too had a swollen tongue, also my whole mouth felt like lighter fluid had been poured in it. my tongue also was coated. i stopped drinking almost completely and my symptoms vanished almost over night. i feel so much better otherwise also. good luck

read mays post. maybe drink something with a little less alcohol? im quite sure a swollen tongue could be dangerous. good luck.

This has happened to me 3 times, I examined what I ate and drank and I realized there was only 1 thing in common with every episode...coors light....I stopped drinking it and now it has not happened in about 4 or 5 years. 

Alcohol messes up you're good digestive bacteria. Probiotics provide beneficial bacteria to help promote digestive health. Eat lots of yogurt or take Acidophiles pills or both. Its the beginning of thrush. Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the candida fungus, also known as yeast. Candida infection is not limited to the mouth; it can occur in other parts of the body as well, causing diaper rash in infants or vaginal yeast infections in women.Thrush can affect anyone, though it occurs most often in babies and toddlers, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems. You'll notice you're tongue is white. people with a healthy digestive system and tongue should have a pink tongue. In the morning after waking up some people will have a white tongue but after they brush their teeth, tongue and use mouth wash it washes out. Best advice is drink on the weekends and give your body time to clean out. And take the supplements.

I also took bactrim but inly for a couple days because I was allergic my leg swelled but after that my tongue has been swollen and worse after I drink

Its not life threatening yo. I was just searching this topic and found this thread because my tongue is swollen and I thik its because ive been drinking. I had to take my tongue ring out I dont think I would have noticed my tongue was swollen if I didn't have one. This isnt the first time and too be honest it only happens with certain types of alcohol generally low grade stuff.

bactrim can give you thrush on the tongue it did to me.

I'm dealing with that issue right now!! I thought I was crazy!! Thank you