%-) The onset of this pain is sudden, but I've had it before, but this time it's more severe. The pain is from my left shoulder, my left shoulder blade (back) and left collar bone (front) sown my are and elbow to my hand with slight swelling in my hand (first time swelling had shown up) the pain is excrusiating. I can only think of arthritis or tindinitis but the pain is intense. Don't understand the onset and why so severe?

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS, SAME SIDE OF BODY AS WELL. I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT MYSELF. I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF FROM ARTHRITIS, POOR CIRCULATION, SCIATICA, ETC. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THE ANSWER. I WASN'T HURT OR INJURED IT JUST COMES AND GOES.

Wow, My boyfriend has the same problem you guys have. The pain is so bad when it comes that he does not want to do anything. The diagnosed him with gout when he had swelling in the knees and then his left sholder one day was in pain, traveled to his elbow and his hand was a little swollen and his middle finger swelled up too at one point, where is almost looked purple. At on point it was so bad, we ended up at the emergency every other day. But they did not find anything. They "think" it may be related to "GOUT" or arthritis. To me it seems like inflamation in the joints. The next step is a MRI and test for menengitis. The doctor suggested it one day at the emergency because his heart rate was high, fever, painful and neck stiffness going along with the left sholdder swelling and elbow, but the gave him some hydro and a shot of ibprophen and sent him home and the Dr. said he was fine. But why would she mention menengitis?? I don't know, but it comes and goes. One day he is playing basketball the next day he could be in beds for days! Did you guys get tested for anything? any answers?? or suggestions?

Did you ever find out anything...I am having the same happening and don't know what to do.

I am too... it seems to have passed onto one of my sons. (hereditary ?) It woke me up in the middle of the night really bad pain always left side going down to elbow and then hand. (hand slightly swelled), but last night it actually went across the back going into the other shoulder. My son went to the hospital they told him possible Pleurisy. I still don't really know. Hope someone finds out something soon.

Hi there, I began to have this exact type of pain in both shoulders after I had children. I had negative X-rays and my MRIs showed an impingement syndrome. I went on to have a joint injection of steroids which did not help. Eventually I underwent bilateral (both) shoulder reduction (they shaved bone of my collar bones) and they cleaned up my rotator cuff where it had been all frayed by the impingement which was a Godsend. I was pain free for 17 years. Recently, my right shoulder has been acting up. I have Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and CRPS. Right now I’m in a world of hurt. I was sent to PT but just the consultation (talking) and measurement of ROM caused my collarbone, elbow and hand to swell. My hand also turns white. I have been offered surgery but with the opioids situation I’m not putting myself through that. Hope that helps.