As regular readers and members here might have read before, I do suffer from rosacea and am always on the lookout for treatments that could benefit me. I had heard of Galvanic Facials before, but it just recently came to my attention that these are suitable for rosacea sufferers as well, offering vasoconstrictive abilities that could reduce the facial redness that plagues so many of us.

Of course, I am excited to learn more and hopefully to try a Galvanic Facial if it is a good fit for me.

Would anyone who has experience or info share more? Let's just have a chat about Galvanic Facials in general, not only for people with rosacea, to make this topic more inclusive. Just share whatever you know and want to share. :)

Oooh, electric facials? I've heard that they're good for anti-aging. I had not heard that they were capable of doing anything else but I looked it up and yeah, acne and rosacea are also said to improve after an electric facial. I would check this out with your dermatologist before you do it though because you do not inadventently want to do something that is bad for your skin and could cause a nasty flare up of rosacea. Anyeway, it kind of makes sense that electricity would have an effect on the blood vessels that cause facial redness in rosacea so I think it's a cool thing to look into.

So-called microcurrent facials are in fact quite controversial within the skincare community/medical community, with some saying that they're essentially like a mini face lift while others make it clear that they believe microcurrent facials are nothing but a waste of money that could potentially actually lead to delayed wound healing and certainly no improvement in the skin. You may want to look into what those strongly opposed to microcurrent facials say before you spend money on this.

One of my friends went to a spa and had an electric facial done. I must say, I don't know whether it was because she was really rested, or that the treatment actually worked, but she looked remarkably well. She explained to me that the electricity drains excess fluids from your face and tightens your muscles. Although I don't understand the technical aspects of this, she looked so good that I am even considering to have this done myself, as she will go for her next session soon and maybe we can go together. She said it felt good, but I do have to say the thought is a little frightening.

So as far as I understand, "galvanic spa" is a specific treatment which is offered by NuSkin. Not only do you need to buy the product which costs over $600 US, but you also need to purchase replacement gels at a third of that cost whenever you run out. For all that money, there's at least half of reviewers online saying that galvanic spa does nothing for them as those saying that it is awesome and makes them look younger, etc. Keeping all that in mind I would personally rather stick to cheaper treatments. Treatments that have been proven to work.

I have NOT had a galvanic/microcurrent facial yet but would LOVE to try one in future, if, that is, I know what you are talking about which I am actually not sure of. From the context of your OP it seems like you're talking about just general galvanic facials, which of course come in different strengths and different types, some being for wrinkles, scarring, etc, and others designed to produce a longer lifting effect more like face lift. Personally I have some beginning sun damage and wrinkles that I feel could be improved on with the help of such an electric facial.

The Nu Skin Galvanic Spa system on the other hand is something I've seen around but don't know anything about. Perhaps you should clarify what you are talking about just in case?