I HAVE A VERY LOW HEMOGLOBIN (DID I SPELL IT RIGHT?)...ANYWAYS, I HAVE HAD 3 BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS...& I WAS ON DEPO TO STOP THE BLEEDING FOR YEARS. I HAVE BEEN OFF OF DEPO FOR 1 & 1/2 YEARS NOW AND MY PERIODS ARE GOING LONGER & LONGER. I WILL HAVE MY PERIOD LAST UP TO 4 WEEKS!! SOMETIMES MY PERIODS LAST FOR 2 WEEKS & THEN I WILL HAVE 4 DAYS REST & THEN THEY START AGAIN. I HAVE GONE FOR SEVERAL TESTS...AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. IS THERE AN OPERATION TO STOP YOUR PERIODS?

It sounds like you could do with keeping all the blood you've got. Bleeding for that long is just too much. I'm not sure what conclusions your tests will show, but there are medications which can help to reduce dysfunctional bleeding. Also having an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD or coil) fitted, which contains the female hormone progesterone. This suppresses growth of the lining of the womb, and periods diminish or even stop.

but if all other treatment options fail, you can have a procedure called Endometrial ablation. (There are a few posts in the reproduction/vaginal health section of this site about it) It removes a thin layer of the uterine lining, or endometrium, and it is often used to treat patients who have menstrual problems, such as unusually heavy or painful periods, or suffer from excessive uterine bleeding for other reasons.
It's done in out patients, via the cervix, and removes the endometrium. periods are at normal levels or very light afterwards.

Well, when you bleed from your period you aren't bleeding the blood from your circulatory system, you are sheding the walls of your vagina.

So I don't know why you have had to have 3 blood transfusions from periods. Look into birth control. It does wonders.

Or you could get a hystorectemy and your tubes tied. Merry Christmas.