Okay, so I'm 17, I have a boyfriend and we are fairly sexually active (unprotected, stupid, I know) I usually have irregular periods, but the last few months they have been on track. I'm not due for my period for another week but about 2 days ago I noticed a brown mucus discharge in my underwear. I've never experienced this before my period, only just after it, so I'm a bit curious. The last time my boyfriend and I had sex was 2 weeks ago today, although we had been having sex reguarly during that week. Could this be implantation spotting? Or if not, does anyone know any good information sites on what it may be?

Hi Tanika,

Yes, it could be implantation spotting.

I'd suggest you wait a week then test.  Testing early, and 2 weeks after sex is about as early as you could test, false negatives are common.

Keep us posted.  Good luck.

It could very well be implantation spotting which generally is a lot lighter than a normal period and not as bright red in color and can happen up to ten days after fertilization not necessarily the day you had sex seeing sperm can live in you for up to 72 hours if you are fertile. I would say wait to see if you do not start your period on time then start taking HPT

Okay thank you, Ill do that :)

Hey tanika my situation is very similar to yours, could you please let me know what it ended up being?same unprotected sex during my fertile days and now 10 days before my period i started to get brown stuff in my underwear and sometimes it would feel like it was my period but it isnt bloody colored its brown and dischargy, so now i am in need of help on what this might be? am i pregnant or is it a STD HIV disease?!