:'( Hello Everyone, I need your help. I am 41 years old and unfortunately one of those women who have met the love of their lives late in life. We've being trying to get pregnant for the past 8 months and was happy to find out a few weeks ago that we are. This is my first pregnancy. I am worried though because for the pass 25 days I've been having a reddish brown to dark brown discharge. I know that women my age are prone to miscarriages and that women my age have also had healthy pregnancies. Am I having a miscarriage? Have this happened to any of you and you went on to have healthy pregnancies and births? We are so sad. I've seen a Dr. and he said my harmone level is a bit low. He have taken a second blood test. Don't know the results of that yet. If this is a miscarriage, can this prevent me from getting pregnant again and how long should I wait to try? I don't want to give up, but at this age, I'm afraid I'm running out of time. :-( Need some advise and comfort. Thanks for your help.... PS. I'm Rh- Know anything about that?

Hi there.

I don't know anything about RH. But I DO know that if you are miscarrying that your hormone levels will lower, so you will have to keep going to your doctor every 3 days to see if your levels are lowering or if they are continuing to rise. If they are lowering significantly then I would say it is safe to say that you are miscarrying. (and I am sorry to hear that, if that is the case)

Some women receive brown spotting which is normal in pregnancy. However, if the spotting is heavy than it may be a bad sign but NOT neccecarily (wow can I spell or what?) Sometimes women have a light bleed and their babies are just fine. I know it is very hard not to worry but all you can really do is continue to monitor the hormone levels and hope everything will be alright. I wish you much luck. I hope this helps!

Well the syptoms you described it could be a miscarrige but not strongly positive coz if you are having a miscarrige (bleeding/pinkish or brownish discharge) doesn't stay that long coz i had a micarrige too and i bleeded for 2 dayz and i found out that i m having a miscarrige.
well personaly in my opinion if you have got something serious doctors don't take that long they just inform you right away.
well i m hopping that you are doing good try stay clam and relax.

Hello and thanks for your response. Just an update on what has happened. The news is that I've lost the pregnancy. It was a tubal pregnancy. I was 7 weeks along. My boyfriend and I are devastated. The good news is that it did not rupture my tube, so the doctor was able to save it. We are hurt :'( but we are very spiritual and realize that this tiny life had come and done the job that it was assigned to do, which is to strenghtened the love between my boyfriend and I. We will try again. Thanks again for your support.

On Thurday I had a miscarriage. I'm 38 and have had 2 healthy pregnancies. I had a pap smear for the first time while pregnant on Tuesday. Wednesday I started to spot brownish blood then Thursday brownish blood with a mucus discharge by that afternoon I bled heavy and lost my baby. If it is just brownish blood and no mucus and no pain or discomfort it could be just the placenta attaching or detaching. Have an ultrasound done and yes have your blood taken to check the levels.

Can anyone help me with why they hell they give a pap smear while you are pregnant? This caused me to miscarry my child and I am extremely angry!

Hi i'm sorry that you had a miscarriage, but i don't think that the papsmear cause it because the papsmear is on the cervix not inside the uterus so the baby would not have been harmed. it is most likely a coincidence that you miscarried right after the pap. The doctor most likely gave you a pap to check for any cancerous or precancerous cells. I know that with my first child i had a pap at my first visit and then i started bleeding and threatening a miscarriage, i did stop bleeding a month later but at 31 weeks we found out that she had severe heart defects and she ended up passing away at 10 days old, so this could have happened to prevent a worse tragedy from occuring later on.

If your partner is RH- then everything should be fine but if not then you may need a shot which isnt uncommon. It will prevent your blood creating antibodies that will attack the baby's blood cause from time to time during pregnancy the baby's blood will come in contact with yours. Doctors will be able to certainly help you because it is common. Best of Luck on your pregnancy. I myself am trying to conceive with no luck yet.