Hi, I am 27 years old and it looks like I am having an unusual health issue – it seems as if I am allergic to goose down. Is that even possible? I would not even notice but I have slept couple of times in my girlfriend’s place and she has goose down pillows and I just cannot think of anything else that could cause my allergic reaction.

Goose down allergy is not that uncommon as you think. There are people who have trouble being close to that kind of material. It seems like goose down has some sort of reaction with dust particles and that might bother someone. Well I guess that you should just avoid using those pillows and you should be all right.

Well,
If you ask me I think that this is one of the trickiest allergies. I one remember my brother having problems with this long ago. He didn’t know that he was allergic nor did our parents, but one we visited our aunt and she had pillows filled with goose feathers. He started to sneeze constantly. We didn’t know that was wrong with him. He started to cry and he said that his eyes were itching very badly. Our mother took him out of the house in to the fresh air and that things got easier. We couldn’t stay in her house because of his allergies. You have to be careful about this.

Good luck,
Karel