Hi! I am 19, I suspect I have endometriosis. It started when I was in 9th grade, the horrible cramping, vomiting, backaches, etc. When I was in 11th grade my much older sister,(who had the same symptoms) recommended me take birth control pills to ease the pain, which it did. After taking them continuously for two years, I moved recently and my pills were mistakenly thrown away. I wasn't on the pill for 3 months. The first two months were fine, the third month however, the same horrible symptoms mentioned earlier came back. That is when I began researching what could cause this to happen to me. I discovered that I have all the symptoms of endometriosis, but was more shocking to me was that I could become infertile. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years and we anticipate on getting married in 2011, we really want children and when I read that it was a leading cause of infertility I began to cry. My mom also revealed that she had a tubal pregnancy the doctors associated with endometriosis. My older sister on the other hand has a 10 year old daughter and she says after having her, it seems her symptoms completely dissapeared.

Can anyone help me understand why my symptoms came back after 3 months?

Since I began taking the pill so young as a treatment, can I be infertile?

Hi

It seems that your symptoms came back because the pills were an apparent solution. I would suggest that you focus on the fact that you found a solution. Many women don't. Get back on the pills and don't worry about it. Most women end up with sterilization surgeries, etc. because the disease causes too much discomfort to live with. Don't borrow trouble. If you don't have fallopian tube problems now, don't worry about it. It may put your mind at ease to get a clear picture of the current condition of your reproductive system. If you are able to marry soon and plan for children sooner, is that an option. My suggestion again would be to think positive. Take the pills if your symptoms disappeared. It would probably take a couple of months for your symptoms to return. That may be why you were ok for the first couple of months. Don't guess. Get a clear picture from a doctor and plan from there.