Hi, I have just started Alesse 21 day pack. I'm the 15th day of my cycle which means I'm on the 9th day of taking the pill. I started the pack on a sunday following my period which started on the prior Monday. My boyfriend and I are sexually active and today there was some penetration without any ejaculation( although there could be " precum"). He says he didnt " precum" or wasnt even close to it. Should I be considering me being pregnant? Whats the likelihood of me being pregnant?

HELLO =)

You ahve been on Alesse for 9 days, so you are VERY WELL PROTCTED NOW =)
It is effective after 7 full days of usage..The birth control TAKES OVER Your cycle, so you do not ovulate. Your risk of pregnancy is extremely low of you take your pill everyday around the same time.

Thanks alot for the info. it sets my heart somewhat at ease , but i'ms till a bit confused,.You say seven days but I have been told that it takes up to a full month for birth control to kick in. should i be worried about pregnancy?

Doctors tell patients a full month because they think you'll be more likely to mess up timing the first month, but they are effective after 7 days of use.

Your pill info packet will say it too=)

thanks cari i was wondering also if that 7 day was for every pack you start or does it only apply to the first pack . I'm asking this because I'm on my second month and this is the first day of the pill( day 8 of my period) and I had sex without a condom with my boyfriend for the first time. he did withdraw but should i be worried about becoming pregnant?

My boyfriend and I are sexually active and I have been on Seasonique for 2 years now and My doctor just gave me NuvaRing (I have been on the NuvaRing for 2 1/2 weeks now) to use and she said that I should take both until my Seasonique runs out which will be in a couple of days. I just took the first period pill today and it hasn't started yet, but it has down this to me before. I am still worried that I might be pregnant because my boyfriend came in me a couple times and we don't use condoms. Should I take a home pregnancy test just in case or should I remove the NuvaRing and see if my period comes? I don't have any symptoms of being pregnant, but I just want to make sure that I am being safe. I need HELP ASAP! I

PS: I might just be paroniod, but I want to be safe, I have had some PMS symptoms. I still want/need opinions! Thankyou.

Hi, I'm worrying and it probably is not helping me at all, I began the microgynon ed pill at the close of Nov and my doctor said as long as you've taken the pill for 7 days at a time properly, it should be effective and if you miss 1 take it asap. She said that when I went onto the dummy pills i would get a withdrawal bleed which was basically a period. I had not long begun the pill and I stopped using it on the 9th of january because it was giving me side effects. I only had sex 5 times during the short weeks i was on it. Twice a condom was used all the way through as well as i had just began, Twise we were interrupted so we didn't finish at all but we didn't use a condom and once we went all the way through but he pulled out (though I was worrying about pre ejaculation fluids here as this was without a condom too)....I stopped taking the pill completely after this as have broken up with my partner and the pill was making me poorley....I'm basically just fretting...I had the bleed after i stopped the pill but havent yet come to my next bleed and my period should be due...Opinion?