I am about 5 or 6 weeks pregnant. I have had a laproscopy and also a LEEP done for cervical dysplasia. I also have cists on my right ovary and somehow I still managed to get pregnant. Is it safe to get an abortion? What complications can arise?

YES, it is safe to have an abortion.

Abortion in GENERAL is 10 times safer than childbirth, so in any event it would be safer than carrying to term.

I have had a relationship going with my friend for 6 years now. She is 6 weeks pregnant but she was on the pill. Is it possible to be put on too low of a dose ? Anyway, she has endometriosis and cervical displasia and we were considering surgical abortion because I thought the abortion pill would cause too many problems given her healthstate. Would the sugical abortion keep her from getting pregnant years from now or create any complications ?

No, not at all.

Surgical abortion is statistically a bit safer than the pill abortion. It causes LESS bleeding, pain, and is much more quickly done.

I have had 3 abortions myself, and yes I used BC, and I am perfectly healthy and able to have children!

Abortion nowadays is very safe, thanks to well trained doctors, and high health standards.

- I have just read all the posts... i have endometriosis and am 7 weeks pegnant. now is not the right time for a child, due to social and financial reasons..

I want kids, im a very maternal person, but just not right now... ive considered an abortion.. but the doctor told me that only 5 in every 100 people with endo manage to concieve. she told me to go away and re-think... which has knocked me big time.
its risky isnt it... cos i do want kids in the future, so by having an abortion am i sacrafising my chance of having kids, cos it may well make me infertile might it ??????

anyone been thru something similar? please help xxx

I had 2 abortions beacause the time was not right. these were 4 & 8 years ago - I am now married and became pregnant which ended in a ectopic pregnancy caused by endometriosis resulting in the removal of my left tube - further reducing my fertility. I would now do anything for just one child. I suggest you think very carefully before having an abortion and ask yourself how you would feel if you never got another chance???

This non-judgemental healthcareworker lady is killing me. Research. There are a lot of people who die from abortions. It's on the news all the time. And it's not rare. So research. And ask your doctor before you do this. And I'm not a nojudgemental healthcare worker, but that's pretty much common sense. She makes a habbit out of getting abortions herself, andshe works for an abortion clinic so of course she'll tell you it's ok. Ask YOUR doctor. A real doctor. That sounds like something serious with all you got going on with your cervix, so I damn sure would not listen to a non-expert on that area when it comes to that. Good luck mama, and God bless. Be safe

i have had an abortion about a year ago i at that point had had 3 surgeies for endometriosis  i am currently 5weeks and am not keeping it due to finacial reason but i was able to get pregnant with one overy and tube with extreamly bad endometriosid im also suposed to be haveing another sugery for my endometriosis so i want it to be known you can have children after abortion with endometriosis i also have a 6yr old and a 2 yr old

I have had 2 abortions. This happened about 10 years ago. 5 years ago I had a child. I have started having horrible abdominal pains that last for days (even thought my apendix burst at one point) I also have had 3 months where I have had 2-3 periods. I don't know if it's endometriosis or something else. Does having an abortion increase your risk of this disease? Sex hurts at times and I have random bleeding. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm making an appointment for OBGYN. :-/

It sounds to me that you have endo. I noticed similar occupancies happening to me after an abortion. Though I had already had several endo symptoms, they seemed to get worse after the abortion. Tell your de the symptoms you are having. Also look up a full list of all endo symptoms rare and typical. Good luck to you.

No!! I have had very bad Endo for 10 years. It can make your regular periods significantly heavier but it does not make you bleed longer or more often. If anything, it often prevents woman from having their periods or shortens them. Abortion could not possibly increase your chances of Endo in any circumstance. However, if you already previously had undiagnosed Endo it could be causing you these problems now after everything. Definitely see your obgyn either way though.

Safe for who? 

I'm currently going through that and I'm so stressed, dont know what to do, i hope everything went well on your side

Dear, please don't abort. Usually women who abort end up regretting it. Please go find other options if your health problems are that serious. If you ask your doctor, they'll give you other options. I hope you find this useful.

Hi We are facing same situation here, can you tell me what are our choices?