I am a 14 year old boy and have had diarrhoea for several days now and now during school at around 11, 11:30am I went to sick bay with a very bad stomach ache and I couldn't really move because of it but when I thought I would have diarrhoea but then got up and started vomiting rapidly and it wasn't normal vomit it was just liquid. Anyway when I had finished vomiting I looked at it and it had a substantial amount of a pinky liquid and after I got home I started having cramps in my lower abdominal region and just around the front of my waist. I laid down in bed for about an hour and a half then got up because I was too hot and when I got up I started having a very bad headache. So I had a panadol and put on shorts and put the fan on and had about 4 full glasses of water in a time of 1 hour which is unusual because I don't usually drink water, especially tap water because I think it tastes disgusting. But what I'm trying to say is I think I may have an infection or disease of some kind and just wanted to know what you guys think is wrong. Wether it be nothing or something I don't care. Also it might be good to know that I have had an under average case of IBS(Irritable Bowl Syndrome) since birth so yeah. Whatever you think just please answer cause I'm pretty sure I should see a doctor. Thanks in advance.

Hello Ryan,

What you're experiencing does sound like it might be infection - especially if you have fever or chills at the same time. Stomach flu tends to go away on its own in a few days, so if your symptoms are lasting longer than you're absolutely right - you should see a doctor.

There are some infections like food poisoning that are caused by bacteria and they won't clear up before you complete the full course of antibiotics. Either way, since you already have border line irritable bowel syndrome, it's best to go the safest way,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Thanks nicole. You've really helped.