Hello. I'm 27 year old female and recently I started to suffer from some serious health problems. You see, about a month ago I started to feel almost constant nausea sensation. This was all at the same time I started to suffer from constipation.
I didn’t pay too much attention on it because I thought it could be due to some food poisoning. But, after a week or so, situation get worse and I started to vomit excessively. I have vomited almost all day and few times, the content that I have vomited looked really like a feces. I'm sure it was feces because it has a same smell and the same color, only consistency wasn’t the same. Please tell me is this possible? Could this be something serious?

Hi. I'm very sorry about you but I must tell you that all you felt is possible and it could indicate on very serious condition called intestinal obstruction. This obstruction can be caused by hernia, tumors, bowel inflammation or swelling, impacted feces or twisting of the intestine.
Blockages can occur at any point along the small or large bowel and logically, food and liquid cannot pass through and after some time- they build up in the area above the blockage.
When the blockage is near the rectum, the food is being digested almost completely and turned into feces but it can't pass beside the blockade. Then the feces is going in only direction it can- up on your mouth. This is very serious condition and it can be life threatening.
You should contact your gastrologist immediately for further evaluation!

Yes as Loud said you can, I myself had a bowel obstruction and vomited faeces up.

Thanks! :) It drives me crazy when people have to make fun of problems other people are going through. I guarantee you if THEY were going through the same thing you wouldn't hear about it because they'd be too embarrassed to seek help. I can't stand immaturity like that.

Coincidentally, after posting this...my 7 YO daughter got sick with a high fever. Two days after that she threw up twice. Once was bile and the other time was feces. She noticed it immediately and so did I since I was in the bathroom with her. Poor little thing. I think it's much more horrifying for adults, though.

Sorry this happened to your daughter! I thought I was imagining the presence of feces, but after a talk with my gastro??? doc, he confirmed that it was possible! I did a Google search and found out that this type of thing happens to a lot of people. What I didn't realize that it could be caused by a bowel obstruction!!!

Hang in there!

Carol

Oh, she's fine. But, thanks! It was only the one time and I was shocked that it happened. Bowel obstruction is the first thing that runs through your mind and then it's abdominal injury. I didn't think it was either. It was just so bizaare. She was sick in January and threw up a dozen times...bile several times, but never in her life feces. Yikes. I think it was just a little bug.

Why did you not think it was either bowl obstruction or abdominal injury? I am confused.. You also said you think it was a bug so you did not take her to the doctor you just assumed and thought it was a bug? Just curious as you said you didn't think it was either of the two you mentioned and then said you think it was a bug... I would not just guess without proper guidance from a trained professional..

i want to know why tuat happened

Supervape - I'm an ER nurse so I am a trained professional. There was no reason to suspect abdominal injury since there was no trauma and bowel obstruction was not likely. It was definitely a bug.

dmhosea  - you wrote that you are a medical professional so I hope it's ok that I ask how a bug could cause the feces to come all the way up through her mouth...I mean, I understand the concept and my father almost died from a bowl obstruction.

Towards the end of the post, Loud wrote:

"When the blockage is near the rectum, the food is being digested almost completely and turned into feces but it can't pass beside the blockade. Then the feces is going in only direction it can- up on your mouth."

So, using your daughter's incident as an example, would the "bug" have been low down near the rectum (since the food came out as feces..instead of lets say, partially digested food mixed with some bile?) I'm only interested bc, besides wanting to learn more about what happened to my dad, I, too have had some similar issues - possibly due to a hernia. The symptoms did seem to pass but occasionally it seems like some of the symptoms come back for a day or two. SO, I'm trying to figure out if the hernia is the only explanation (in my case) or if a bug could have been causing my symptoms too. (Oh, and I had no fever either time).

Thanks-

That's a good question. It's hard to say in my daughter's case what was going on. It's never happened before. Had she not recovered and had another bout of vomiting with feces in it I would have taken her in right away. I've seen a lot of stuff people throw up...fresh blood, old blood (which looks just like coffee grounds)...but I've never seen feces. It was quite a surprise.

Ordinarily, fecal vomiting is related to a bowel obstruction. If you have had problems with fecal vomiting you should definitely see a doctor. It can be very serious. Is your hernia hiatal or inguinal? Since you're having these problems I would think it's an inguinal hernia which can cause strangulation of the bowel and lead to a bowel obstruction. Hiatal is higher up. Especially, since you mentioned some of the symptoms come back for a day or two...I wouldn't let it wait.

This case may have been a bowel obstruction. The reason I would think this is that it was getting progressively worse and there were several bouts of vomiting with the fecal smell. You can also have vomitus that is brown and looks like coffee grounds which is old blood. That would not smell like feces. Since there was constant nausea and constipation followed by fecal vomiting that sounds more like a bowel obstruction. The main symptoms of a blockage are nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping around the the bellybutton, constipation, diarrhea, lack of gas.

Lack of gas is the only thing I don't have. I have everything gelsemium including gas coming out both ways n hurts. I just had a surgery at the, end of s put ember. I'm wondering if this all can be ca used from it? I'm also bleeding a lot n have to use gloves to reach in and pull the vowel out. What should I do????? 

What is the color and consistency of fecal vomit?

I just brought my daughter to the ER last night.  She had a single, large vomit of feces.  The diagnosis was an intestinal bug, not a bowel obstruction.  But she also had diarrhea and was not constipated, which probably ruled out an obstruction.  The ER nurse explained to me that for some reason some viruses cause a person to have a single fecal vomit.  However if you vomit feces more than once it signals that something more serious is going on.  I hope this helps.