Iam a 47 year old male. For several weeks now I have had abdominal cramps along with brief periods of pain just below the right side of my ribs.The pain radiates into my back as well.I have also been experiencing incosistent stools from bouts of constipation that last one to 2 days to multiple days of loose stools where I may visit the toilet 4 or 5 times in a day. The stools had typically been light to medium brown.For the last 2 days my stools have been frequent and VERY DARK brown and soft.This concerns me.I have been drinking Pepto Bismal for the last 3 or 4 days due to the cramping. I have a very high pressure/stressful job,and tend to worry.Any suggestions?
Dave

The pepto will make your stools dark.

Hallo,
Cramps in your stomach can be caused by many things. They are usually a symptom of irritable bowel syndrome. Do you know what is irritable bowel syndrome? The thing is that constipation and bloating of abdomen are also symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. This condition can be treated but sometimes treatment can last up to a year, which makes this condition very problematic. The main thing is that you change your diet because something you eat is not very friendly with your digestive system. can you tell me what do you usually eat? You know that liquids are very important for digestion and water is in the top of the liquid list, so drink at least 2 liters per day.