hey, I have had just since yesterday a bad pain in the lower left side of my stomach. I dont know what it is and it is starting to worry me a bit. I took two panadol before I went to bed and it was still there when I awoke this morning. It is sore all the time but does have short periods when the pain subsides. It makes me feel as though I need to go to the toilet often and empty myself. what sort of problems are associated with the lower left half of the stomach and do I need to see a doctor? ?

Hey there! I think you could compare your problem with mine. I had the same pain in the left lower part of my stomach and I often had to go to the toilette. The doctor said it was Irritable Bowel Syndrome which is caused by bowel movements and is accompanied by constipation diarrhea. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about it. The only solution is to prevent the symptoms getting worse. I would suggest to drink much liquid and if you are a coffee addict, try to limit it so that you avoid diarrhea.
This problem usually lasts a few days, in my case it lasted 5 days but it simply goes away all of a sudden, as it actually comes. All in all, this is not a big deal.