I'm 17 years old and I think I'm pregnant.I go to high school and I'm in 12 grade I have a lot of palns for my future in February I'm going to apply to a college and I'm thinking to get an abortion because I want to go to college and do my career and having a baby I know I'm not going to make it. Maybe later but the other reason I want to get an abortion is because my family thinks I'm a responsible  girl because I been good in school having good grades and I haven't get in trouble and anything like that. If I'm pregnant my family would get mad and if I told them I want to get an abortion they would not be agree with me. I live in California do I have to with a parent to be able to get an abortion ? How much does it cost ? If u don't have the money They could help u ?

Hi Tat,

First off, find out IF you are pregnant.  When did you have sex?  When did you expect your period?

If you are more than 10 days late take a home pregnancy test.  Use ONLY your first morning urine, wake up pee, for the best accuracy.  If you can't afford the test contact Planned Parenthood.  Some school nurses can also help you.

You do not need parental consent in CA.  You do have to find a way to pay for it.  Talk to your partner and make him contribute to this - it's his responsibility too.

A condom could have prevented this.  Make him wear it next time no matter what his excuse.

Good luck.

I had sex december 2 (two weeks ago) when i had unprected sex he give me a birth control pill after. I told my friendo and she told me that it wouldnt helo me to prevent the pregnacy and that i had to tale the plan B pill and i Bought it i drink it 14 hours after i had sex. 5 days later i bleed for like 3 or 4 days it didnt look like it was my normal period it was color red,pink and brown. I search at the internet and it said that one or the side effects it was a bleeding that would not be ir period. In this week im supposed to have mu period. But i Dont know if it did work the pill. And im starting to planing what to do if im pregnant.

Ok first take a pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant. If you are, you probably are going to have to tell your parents. I know it's going to be rough, but it's better if they knew. Second, I know you are scared on what this child could mean for your future, but please don't abort because many women have come to regret it, contrary to popular belief and this has lead to problems such as substance abuse and depression. Instead, go see your local crisis pregnancy center for advice on what to do with the child. They can help you to find a good option before it's too late. Also, adoption may be a good thing to look into because then your child will be cared for by a family. Plus, if you do an open adoption, then you can remain in contact with your child.