Ok so...I'm really afraid that I might be pregnant. My boyfriend and I had protected sex about 5 days before my period was supposed to start, and I do not think the condom leaked or anything. But it's 2 days after I think it was supposed to start and I haven't had any cramps or anything at all. I have been eating more lately but I usually do that at the beginning of summer, could that cause my period being late? Because of this I've also been very stressed and am very panicked. If my period doesn't come before 3 days from now I am planning on going to get a pregnacy test. Should I buy one from the store? Or ask my mom to make a "check-up" appt. with my doctor just because and then ask the doctor? And finally, if I am pregnant do I need parental consent to get an abortion? If my parents found out they would kill me!!! I heard that sometimes you can call, make an appt, say you are underage, and ask for some sort of bypass? Is that possible? Someone please reply ASAP!!! I need help or some sort of comfort to calm down!!!! (I am about to turn 17 and live in Oklahoma)

Sweetheart!!!! You are going to be OK! Since the condom didn't tear or anything like that, condoms have a 97% success rate, when used correctly. I think you being so nervous is probably holding up your period. Stress can have a HUGE factor on periods, as can exercise! Believe me hon, if you were pregnant, you wouldn't feel hungry :-)

Because you are 17, you can get your own pregnancy test. But I know that in the US, there are different laws for different states - as when a girl can get an abortion without parental consent. I have something to add hon! EVERY young girl out there, thinks that her parents will KILL her if she announced that she is pregnant! OF course - as a parent myself - parents wouldn't be happy about their child becoming a parent. But I don't think there have been too many murders from children becoming pregnant!!! XD Also I am pro choice, but that being said, I don't think ANYONE should make the decision to have an abortion quickly!! It has lifelong ramifications.

All of that been said, I truly DON'T think you ARE pregnant hon, you just need to relax and let your period come on. Just get your mind off of all of this - easier said than done - give it a week. And please let me know how you are OK honey?! Good luck sweetheart, you will be OK!!

Bambi has posted a lot of really helpful information so all I'm doing here is just posting support. Yes--you are probably scared at the moment. But please know that whatever happens, you will be fine. You can be so stressed that you skip a period even, so bear in mind that not having a period does not mean that you are pregnant. Either way, please keep us posted on how it goes.

Thank you for the quick reply! It really helped! I'm going to stay off this site for a couple days and just relax and have fun and hopefully it is because of stress!

Your welcome hon, and just enjoy being in love - SAFELY!!!!!! ;-) - and enjoy the summer FINALLY!!! And always use protection OK? Good luck hon, and just let me know how you make out OK?

So I waited patiently....and I relaxed and had a good time....And my period came during the evening (5/30) :-D Thank you everyone who posted and hepled me through this!!! I've learned my lesson ;-)

Did you EVER think there was so many people hoping for your period?!!!!!! ;-) XD I'm glad hon, and ALWAYS use protection OK?!!!

so i read your talk and i am also in the same situation..
i had sex the 10th of this month and it was protected, but then one day my boyfriend put his penis inside me for like 5 seconds 2 times. He didnt cum inside me but i think he actually had this pre-cum liquid which i read can also get me pregnant. I am irregular on my period and i am very scared that i might be pregnant i dont want to tell anyone. I took a pregnancy test like the 16th and it was negative. Today, the 21st i was in the bathroom and i peed and blood came out i thought it was my period, but then i went again and there was no blood anymore... i also read about the implantation and i am going crazy.. might this be that i am pregnant?? i'm only 17 and i can not have a baby i'm too young and my bf is in Peru. I told him about this and he responded calmly .. i need help please

I'm honestly going through the same thing. Me and my boyfriend had protected sex until the condom started "cutting off his circulation"? So he took it off and we continued to have sex. He pulled out like a minute before he ejaculated but now my periods late. It's Saturday night and I should of had it Thursday. Exams have been stressing me out along with this hole I might be pregnant thing. Please help :(

I am going through the exact same stress right now can you please help??

I'm having the same problem .. My period last month came on the last two days of it and lead into this month. Me and my boyfriend had sex a couple times this month and it was protected and we did everything we did last month and the condum didn't break but I haven't got my period yet and im scared and stressing out . My friends tell me I need to calm down that my body might just think I already had it this month because Ladt month ran into this month. I have been getting cramps in my legs and little ones in my tummy and feeling like I have a cold like I do before most periods but it still hasn't came .. Please help me

Okay, me and my boyfriend had been dating for 4 months and a few weeks and we've only just started doing things the last 1 or 2 months. We had protected sex and used the condom as directed. He didn't cum inside me he pulled out and cummed on me away from my vagina. I'm now 6 days late for my period an I'm feaking out like crazy. My boobs are a bit sore and idk I'm just stressing out so much! Please help me ASAP!!! I really need help!! I'm only 16!

Please help me. I had protected sex 3 months ago and had 2 periods there after but my last period last month was irregular and since then I've been extremely stressed out about being pregnant. I was suppose to have my period 2 days ago but I'm late. I've had all the signs of my period tho. So I took 2 pregnancy tests today and they were both negative yet still no period. Could the tests be wrong? Or could something else be the cause? I had protected sex the day before my period was due could that also be a cause? There were absolutely no condom leaks or breaks

Hello I'm having the same problem I used a condom but I usuall get irregular periods but I'm stressing a lot lately and I'm paranoid I might be pregnant and I want to do a pregnancy test

Health Guru
hi, if your stressing so much then that can effect your period being either early or delayed and that's probably the reason your late. :-)