i have been off the pill for a while now. i'm starting back up tomorrow and he won't be home from college for a few weeks so if i am regularly taking the pill and also using two condoms, because we always use two just to be extra safe, should i be worried about getting pregnant? what are the chances, in your opinion, that i could become pregnant after taking my b.c. pill, using two condoms, and he pulls out before ejaculation?

There is almost absolutely no chance of pregnancy in that circumstance.

The fact that he is using two condoms might be a little excessive. I would say that taking the birth control pill and the usage of one condom would be enough for a minimal chance of pregnancy.

never ever ever use 2 condoms!! the friction can cause them to break

floor_board is completely right, using two condoms is hurting your protection as the friction between the latex will make them more susceptible to breaking. Alone, a condom and birth control are around 95% effective when used correctly, using both is that much better and I would have no worries about getting pregnant.
Hopefully that helps your question, just please, stop using two!