hello. me and my gf had unprotected sex about a month ago, and i didnt ejaculate inside of her. she the went to a gymnastics camp for a week and then some other camp and then came back and a few days later she started her period. she told me that her "flow" on the first day was heavy and then subdued to normal. since then we've had sex twice and both times with a condom. she shows no signs of being pregnant. im just wondering if its possible to have your period and then become pregnant or not. please tell me something to make less paranoid. thanks.

The debate on whether or not a woman can get pregnant during her period has been going on for decades now. Just like every woman is different, so are her hormonal balances and hence her menstrual cycle. Though there are generalities on which some ground basics of menstruation and pregnancy can be formed, but eventually it all boils down to individual physiology. So, yes, you can get pregnant during your periods.

There is a definite chance that any woman can get pregnant during her periods. Though the chances of pregnancy during periods are usually low during periods, they exist for all women. During periods, the chances of pregnancy are comparatively lower at the onset of a woman's period and increase just after her periods. The truth is that there is no predictable time during the month when the risk of pregnancy can be said to be absent.