I've been really stressed lately due to the end of term. Stress has effected me by causing a cold sore breakout and a decrease in apetite.

I have had the symptoms that would suggest my period approaching - mood swings, breakouts, etc. When my period was due, I had two days of light brown discharge that usually suggests my period is approaching. I am not sexually active, but my boyfriend and I are intimate, practicing mutual masturbation. He has never ejaculated on me; however, there is the possibility that while being intimate, he may have had pre-ejaculate on his hands, which were then placed near and on my vagina. However, I was not ovulating at the time.

I am wondering if I am experiencing a simple missed period due to stress or a potential pregnancy? My period was due three days ago, but all I had was a very light, nearly unseeable discharge.

I think you should do the home pregnancy test

You really shouldn’t worry about pregnancy on top of all stress because of the exams. It’s definitely not easy for woman to get pregnant even when she has actual sex because woman is fertile only 2-3 days in the middle between two periods during ovulation. Of course, man has to ejaculate inside her. Pre ejaculate by itself doesn’t contain any sperm at all, except when pre-ejaculate follows a recent ejaculation. Even in that case amount of sperm is very small compared to normal circumstances. And even if one sperm did somehow survive out in the open, like in your case, chances that he will mage to reach all the way to your cervix are probably smaller than you winning a lottery. It should be ok once the stress is over.