Im going on 22 weeks and when i wake up at night i feel like i have to spit when i do there is blood in it. I don't have any pain and don't feel sick can this be part of the pregnacy??

Hi, im new to this thing and never found your answer....im am also 20 weeks pegnant and spit up blood in my this mounring, this would be the second time, since i got preg. what is going on????

Hello crystalsuarez, 

Increased need to spit does happen to some women during pregnancy, even sometimes when you had previous pregnancies without this unpleasant symptom. Constant throat and mouth irritation, in this case, might have led to small injuries in your throat, which cause you to spit up blood. Also, lack of some vitamins might be responsible, so one more reason to ask your doctor about this.

The other, far more serious possibility is that you have throat or lung infection, but in this case, you would have other symptoms, too, most likely difficulties swallowing, with coughing and fever. That is even more reason to see the doctor, even the family physician will do, because at this point in pregnancy, you really can’t risk much.

I also have the same problem but I don't know what it could be. Since your post was years ago what was the cause of it ? Was your baby born fine? When did the bleeding stop because I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and hasn't stop ...every morning and night  i spit and there is blood in it. I hope to hear from you soon thanks

I'm 17 weeks with same problem. Even if I sleep during the day, I spit up blood. My doctor says it is due to the increase in blood flowing through my body.

Im 19 years old and I'm 28 weeks pregnant and im still being sick. I keep getting random noes bleeds and after being sick im spitting up tiny bits of blood. Im not getting any bad pains although my throat is a little sore. This is my first child but not my first pregnancy so im very nervous all the time. Im taking all my vitamins and my folic acid and im doing everything that I have been told to do. Do I have anything to worry about. Can any experienced mothers help me.

momHi, i read your post after spitting up on my new amount of blood this morning, and getting online to check into it.. I too am going through my first pregnancy that will end happily just a baby boy after having had two miscarriages in the past. I have had a bit of a cough, but I have had no other symptoms that seem like they would be the cause of any blood in my spit. After reading a few posts I feel comfortable waiting for my appointment in a few days to consult with a doctor about it.. Just thought I would share my thoughts with you and take the opportunity to congratulate you! I will try to remember to post on here after my visit. just thought I would share my thoughts with you and congratulate you

Maybe it's just something simple. I'd suggest square those things away first. I'm only 9 weeks pregnant, and I've noticed you focus a lot more on your body and their changes then you normally do. So maybe it's happened before, but this time your pregnant so it freaks you out a bit. It could be something as small as brushing your teeth with a hard brisol tooth brush it made your gums bleed, you wake up the next morning and spit, and traces of blood or blood is in your spit... that could be the reason. Try to think positive. And if the doctor can't figure anything out, you should try the dentist.

jawjadjAlso, a lot of people have nose bleeds when they get hot. and of course your nostrils can sometimes bring snot and all that nasty junk to your mouth. and if the bacteria get's in your throat it can cause irration and lead to a sore throat. that's why I use mouth wash a lot. alcohol free.

I am 23 weeks and i have been spitting a lot since this pregnancy started more in the beginning months but i then was just taking my prenatal while residing in Nevada when i moved back to California in my 4 1/2 month i was prescribed more vitamins along with the prenatal like folic acid, calcium and iron. I noticed when i started taking all my vitamins i started spitting less. But i do notice i tend to have i think sinus issues i have a lot of mucus every morning and spit more then not so much through out the day but still a lot then normal. I do notice chunky blood comes out when i spit and know it has to be from my nose. I'm asking my doctor tomorrow .The spitting gets super annoying..Any remedies or ideas?????????????????

LinaV did you get to the bottom of this?

I experienced something similar. In my case...I am 23 weeks pregnant and have spit up blood a couple times in the past 6 weeks. My doctor recommended I see an ENT. The ENT thinks it was probably coming from my nose which has been extremely dry and much more stuffy since I've been pregnant. He gave me some ointments to help the dryness in my nose, so hopefully that works.

so, the doctor says it's ok and normal?

hi am 4 mnths pregnant n it jus jappen to me to this morning my head started to hurt cause this is the first time it happen and this is my 4th child

Could be a blood clot had this with my pregnancy with my daughter and again with this baby go to a&e for a blood thinning injection in your stomach its not harmful to baby at all