Hi, I am 9 weeks pregnant and I was wondering if anyone other than myself has been expriencing excessive salivating during pregnancy. This is my 4th pregnancy and no kidding all 4 times it never failed, I have exprienced the same thing, I've tried everything, from gum, salt, hard candy, etc. There's one other I tried that I'm ashame to say but I will because I don't want anyone else to try it, I put dry coffee under my tongue and let it sit for a while and spit it out. Please don't do that all it does is stain your teeth, but I was desperate. Anyway if there is anyone out there who know how I may be able to resolve this situation please reply.

Hi - I am not sure if anyone has responded to you or not but, I too have had excess Saliva, Mine is so bad that I probably go through 5 or more towels a day in spitting. I too have tried everything. I honestly am not sure what else I can do, it really messes with my life, you know, people dont understand the towel all the time and its embarrassing to alway have to explain it. I do find that constantly drinking water helps some only because I don't realize at that point that I have swallowed any. I also have tried Chlortrimaton which is an antihistimine, it helped a little but didn't take it away and after about 10 days of taking it it stopped helping completely. It is nice to know I am not alone in this crazy symptom. I will keep looking for a cure.

I'm in my 16th week & I'm still experiencing excessive salivation. I'm spitting constantly in this milkshake bottle because my skin got erritated from using paper towels. I'm honestly fed up with it & can't see it going at all. My mum had it with every pregnancy & she said it will eventually stop by the start of the 5th month. I have tried absolutely everything from sucking on minty sweets to using Homeopathic medicines, still no results. I even sleep hugging my bottle :-( This is not fun at all.

i am in my 15th week of pregnancy and i have "the spits" problem since my 9th week....i am really tired of this ...i hope it stps soon....i did not have this problem with my first pregnancy...i also have hyperemesis...had hyperemesis with my first pregnancy also..

i am travelling to india next week for 2 weeks...i don't know how i am going to manage in the flight.... %-)

After reading the posts, i feel much better as i'm not the only one doing the same thing. I'm almost 14weeks now, and have been carrying my spitting bag everywhere i go. It's really disgusting and embarassing. I hope it'll get better and stop soon.

Oh My Lord I knew I was not alone in this but really I keep thinking if pregnancy is as bad as this tell me why people have 3 and 4 and 5 kids WHY!!!!!!!!!!! Thsi very obviously is my FIRST. iI hate it like you cant possibly imagine.Just when I thought the nausea was about to subside like everyone said I came to my fourth month and now faced with excess saliva .....whats next..................................NO MORE THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

I am not alone I see. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant ant this is my 4th pregnancy. All i do is spitt this is very nasty to me. i don't lie to go anywhere cause all I do is spit I even do it in my sleep. I take 2 different meds for it and that doesnt work. :'(

This is my third pregnancy, but my first time experiencing this. It even affects my work, and you feel so conscious when walking around in the street. It would be so good to find someone with a solution!

That's how i picked up i was pregnant coz my sister noticed and I had no idea what was happening %-)

wao I also have this saliva since my first week of pregnancy now Im 18 weeks and I dont know what to do with this I cant even sleep please help if anyone knows about something that can help me.... :$

Omg I spit all da time I keep tellin my bf im not the only 1 but he doesn't want 2 beleave me its so nasty and trust me 4 sum it stops but im 33weeks prego and I still spit regulery and throw up I dnt think there's no cure but good luck 2 all and 2 me

hi
i am facing the same problem of excessive saliva i am +12 weeks pregnant........... i have tried sipping on water time to time and it helps and also put few fennel seeds in ure mouth it will control the saliva but not finish the problem............nikie

hi

hi moms?
im now 14 weeks pregnant on my second baby..
im wondering how to manage this nasty habit of spitting all the time..
i am the only one in the family t5he spits when pregnant..
and im nauseated and vommiting most of of the time..
i feel it all through out the day..
and i keep spitting those large amounts of saliva and its tastes bad.. that i feel vomitting whenever i swallow my saliva..
what should i do??
i also suffer hyper acidity this time..
can i take antacid? and is there any medication used to treat exessive salivation?
and when will this nightmare stop?
im tired spitting all the time...
please help me... :cry:
:cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW THAT I KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE. MY HUSBAND THOUGHT IT WAS NASTY BUT I CAN NOT HELP IT. I AM CONSTANLY SPITING B/C IF I DO NOT I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO THROW UP. I AM GOING TO TRY SOME OF THE THINGS YOU ALL SUGGESTED AND HOPE IT HELPS. THANKS

hi moms... i'm experiencing the same exact thing... i can't stop spitting... i'm in my 14th week of pregnancy... i tried eating a pickle yesterday which helped a little bit, but they say that women who experience excessive saliva have stomach acidity issues to begin with, so it may not be a good idea to overdo it on the pickles.. that's all i have... looking for a solution myself... %-)