I have this headache two days now. First there was blood when I blow my nose, but I wasn’t worried much about it. That happens often to me. However, today there were streaks of blood in mucus in spit. I took some antibiotics but I am not sure what to do about it?

I have the exact same symptoms for about 5 days now, mucous with streaks of blood in it. I cough once a while, my mouth and throat is really dry, but I never had a nose bleed. This is the first time that I have mucous with blood in it.

I really hope we find an answer to this because i've been having the headache and blood streaks in my mucus problem too.My mucus is real thick,and when i try to "bring it up" to spit it out, it makes me gag to get it out.i know it's really gross but i dont know what's going on.I've been on the internet all morning trying to figure out what's wrong with me because i haven't had a health problem yet and it kinda scares me, i AM only 17.are any of you smokers because i wonder if it has to do with the fact that i smoke cigarettes.

I just asked a friends mom who happens to be a nurse,and she said that all of these symptoms are a high possibility of a nasal infection.All we can do is go get some kinda of antibiotics.I'm still going to inquire a nurse about it though.

I have allergies, and today I too had blood in my mucos. I was hacking up the spit while brushing my teeth to get it out, and just irritated the blood vessels. If you are hacking up stuff from your lungs, like the flu, then get medicine. I had that last Christmas, I was sick as a dog. Coughing up blood. Then you know you need meds.
But if you continue to be weak, coughing alot etc. get meds.

if u r constantly spitting mucus you are burning your throat which will give your throat a little cut. if you give up the fags you can get flu like symtoms and get a lot of mucus up but thats just the filty tar finally leaving the body i experiened it all when i quit. ;-)

HI..i have te same problem bro..and i also smoke cigarrates i am really worried because i also have a little temperature wid it...i dun have any idea wats goin on.Is this because of to much cigarates or am i developing a big disease.plz find me answer if u can.

I have had this problem for about a week now. It started out as a bad sore throat and a nose block. I had a whole pack of paracetamol which kept supressing the symptoms - do't do it. Since yesterday I am on Augmentin (Amoxicillin) and so far it seems to have releived the sore throat up a bit. I have had to fight a bad headache last night as well and some pain around my right ear. All I have been told so far is is that its sore throat, sinus infection. I am hoping its not a viral infection as antibiotics would have little effect then.

I also have been having the same thing happen to me. I am only 17 and I really want a reason for this happening. I have been taking Amoxicillin for about 8 days. I feel as if it has made things worse for me personally. My throat is hurting, it might be strep throat and when I eat and drink - it hurts.
There has also been pain in my right ear and most of the right side of my body as well.

im only 15 and i smoke as well...only no one knows...I have almost all the same simptoms sore throat and spitting up blood in my mucus.Iv been sick outta school and not working for the past 8 days!!! i dont know if the blood is from smoking but if it makes it better i havent had one scince i got sick so i dont think its from that the doctor said its just a really bad head cold going around...i really hope thats what it is!

Headache, sore throat, bloody mucus, feeling cold, feeling nausea, this is strep throat. Go see a doctor immediately! Trust me. I have it. It sucks.

question
my partner has had a lot of blood in his mucus latly we are worried it seems to be alot in the morning when he wakes up he usually has a coughing fit he is a smoker and also has asthma is in the process of getting zyban to quit any help would be greatly appriecated

I quit smoking 10 days ago and have gone through some serious symptoms.. one being a bit of blood in the spit and phlegm. I too have a friend whose mom is a nurse and after talking to her she told me it was more of a sinus infection that will clear up... and she INSISTED to stop smoking.
When you have quit smoking, your body will go through many withdrawals and you will think you are better off smoking than after quitting. Do not be fooled by that! It is merely a shock to the body and it is trying to get rid of all the toxins.
Now if the blood is more than the spit or phlegm.. and it is more constant ( ex; you cough blood all the time...etc ) than its time to see the DR. i was thinking the same thing... dying over here. But as long as it is a little bit of blood... sinus infection and detoxing.
Drink WATER ( not apple juice, fruit juice, milk , sodas are no good at all for this ) or TEA.
Hope this helps.

i have started having blood in my mucus.... i am mainly coughing it up in the morning and i have never had this either. but also i've been feeling sick the last few days. i am on chantix and haven't smoked for 36 days now. i'm almost wondering if it is the chantix and not detoxing. it probably is the detoxing. i never coughed up anything since quitting smoking until now, though.

I have had the exact same symptoms, went to doc and he told me I have acute bronchitis. I have been on antibiotics for 2 days now the blood and mucous have both subsided considerably.
Smoking is a cause of bronchitis, so if you don't want to have that all your life and wind up pulling an oxygen tank around with you when your 50, I would suggest you quit.